Manzanita build #6

Dougf

Reaction score
Incense cedar soundboard and neck, everything else is manzanita. I decided to log how much time I spent on this one -- it came to just over 28 hours, which does not include the time spent milling the back, sides, and soundboard, but pretty much everything else.

front.jpg
back2.jpg
side.jpg

Beautiful again, Doug. You could start selling them; they would fly away.
How's the sound of this one?

Nice finish! Is it Tru-oil?

Beautiful again, Doug. You could start selling them; they would fly away.
How's the sound of this one?

Thanks. I'm thinking of doing more season prizes with these. I think the sound is pretty good, I used it for my season 85 version of Superstition.

Nice finish! Is it Tru-oil?

Yes, Tru-oil seems to work quite well with the manzanita, and is easy for me, since I'm not set up for any kind of spraying.

Beautiful, Doug! Will you play a little something for us? :music:

Thanks, Lily, as I said above, I featured it in my season 85 entry, and I'm sure I'll be using it for upcoming seasons until I build my next one. :)

Here's a video that I shot today in my shop with my new baby.

Another awesome uke and performance Doug, keep 'Em both coming.

I am really impressed by everything. Nice..

Thanks, Danny, it's fun stuff. :)

Another awesome uke and performance Doug, keep 'Em both coming.

Thanks, Gary. I have to say I feel so fortunate I came across your thread about looking for luthier classes in the Bay Area. It's safe to say that the class with Rick changed my life. Thanks.

Thanks, Danny, it's fun stuff. :)

Thanks, Gary. I have to say I feel so fortunate I came across your thread about looking for luthier classes in the Bay Area. It's safe to say that the class with Rick changed my life. Thanks.

Mine too. Met some great people!

Top Bottom