Season 86 of the Ukulele: Third Time's A Charm!

austin1

Reaction score
Hello all!

So this week is called Third Time's a Charm because you have not one, not two, but THREE different themes that you can enter a video in! Because I'm indecisive like that.

Theme 1: Disney!
Any and all songs from your favorite animated Disney film. I repeat: Disney. Not Pixar, not WB. Also please no songs from Disney rides (e.g., It's A Small World, Kill Me Now) or live-action films (e.g., Pirates of the Caribbean, J. Depp's Cheekbones Freak Me Out).

Theme 2: Queen!
Pretty self-explanatory. Any and all songs by Queen, the band! Freddie Mercury is pretty much my hero.

Theme 3: Classical/Opera!
Any song that can be found in either classical voice or operatic repertoire. Classical crossover we'll throw in there to make life a little easier. Keep in mind you do not need to actually sing the song classically--I mean, if you can, do it, but you can put your own spin on it as long as it can be found in the repertoire. Message me if you're not sure about a song. If there's nothing in classical voice repertoire that floats your boat, classical instrumentals are okay too.

Other Rules:

--One video per person per theme, meaning each person has a max of three videos (1 per theme) that they can officially enter.
--Please no bonus entries and no non-entries because three themes is a lot. Also, if you have enough time in your week to come up with more than three videos, I am jealous of your life.
--Multi-tracking is a go!
--Goes without saying, but all videos must be new.
--Contest ends Sunday night Hawaiian time, which is Monday sometime in Germany. Official deadline in my world is Monday Sometime.
--Song repeats are a-okay!

Prizes! Are three keychains I picked up in Mexico, one for each category. I'll draw the winners' names out of a hat for who gets first pick.

I'll also be doing a "Best in Show" prize, to be awarded to whoever made your favorite video. Voting open to participants only. My video sort of made it sound like there are two extra prizes, but there aren't. Just this one. Best in show gets a virtual high five and a certificate.

Judges are myself, probably my boyfriend, maybe my sister, and any other friends in my life I have to show your videos to to make a decision. Winning criteria are creativity, originality, and general awesomeness, so basically, blow my mind and have fun doing it!

Playlists!
Theme 1, Disney
Theme 2, Queen
Theme 3, Classical/Opera

If you have questions and comments, you can PM me here

Complaints and dissatisfaction may be reported here

Oh! I won't really be responding to the videos as they come in because I like doing something big at the end. Happy uking!

Last edited:
Wow :) great to see you back Tina :) you should of dropped me a line when you were stuck at Heathrow I could of come over with my uke to pass the time. You know what would be really impressive if someone could combine all three themes into one :)
Great to have you back tina all the best from me.

Classical is a pretty wide term musically but as the melody is to the tune of the French song "Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman", which was published in 1761 and later arranged by Mozart for a famous set of variations I will argue that it fits the bill for my classical entry.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Ok this is the only Disney Song I could even think of and I guess it fits the bill, this was a harder song then I thought and I guess it got the xommen makeover (whatever that may be). This is You'll be in my heart by Phill Collins, now on to stretching my vocal chords even more for some Queen ;).

And here is a Queen song, I am not a 100% happy with the vocals but then again I am no Freddy Mercury and no David Bowie either ;-).
Here is under pressure:

Well my excuse is I had FUN making it. Out takes and general messing about included at the end. :eek:

Last edited:
Hmmmm......a season with multiple choices ....me likes !!

I reckon theres gonna be a few versions of a certain song sung by Mr.Louis Prima and some serious monkeying around !! Lol

The only classical piece I know mostly because of somebodies Pachelbel rant video ;).
Pachelbel Canon in D, I multitracked some bass and an extra uke.

great theme Tina. Finally made it to our new home in the great northwest after missing a week or 2. One song immediately came to mind, a song My father,brothers,and I sang on our long summer car trips when I was a wee lad. I know that;s corny, but we had fun and it passed the miles. {my mother got a break from her 5, six if you count my dad , boys.] This song is from one of those Disney movies that combine animation and real people. does that count?

great theme Tina. Finally made it to our new home in the great northwest after missing a week or 2. One song immediately came to mind, a song My father,brothers,and I sang on our long summer car trips when I was a wee lad. I know that;s corny, but we had fun and it passed the miles. {my mother got a break from her 5, six if you count my dad , boys.] This song is from one of those Disney movies that combine animation and real people. does that count?

Executive decision: yes, yes it does.

I'm totally going to do It's a Small World. I want Tina to come to my house.

It's a world of laughter, a world of fun...and a world with Tina breaking bad on you!
Watch it, Lily, Switzerland is supposed to be a non-fighting country.

It's a world of laughter, a world of fun...and a world with Tina breaking bad on you!
Watch it, Lily, Switzerland is supposed to be a non-fighting country.
I ain't afraid of Tina. Now, that eugene ukulele is another story. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom