Dominator's Concert

Kanaka916

Reaction score
. . . at the Strum Shop in Roseville, CA was superb. Since I haven't seen Dom for quite a while, I knew this was gonna be a treat. Attendance was great for a small venue and the audience was really in tune with his playing. The first half was a solo set with Dom performing a lot of Jake's compositions like Blue Roses Falling, Granma's Groove and Me and Shirely T. The second half, he was accompanied by guitarist Steve Skidgel and re-known musician and luthier Bill Griffin. They played songs from other genres and ukulele artists like AG, Troy Fernandez (Ka'au Crater Boys), Byran Tolentino as well as a couple of Hawaiian mele. Steve's and Bill's playing was the perfect accompaniment and their playing blended well with Dom's ukulele.

Wow Mahalo Danny for the awesome peekchas of the venue....wish I could have been there.. :)

I would have liked to hear him play and thank him for posting excellent tabs. If you are reading this Dom, Thank you!

Thanks for sharing the video! Wish he'd come out this way.

Loved the video, thanks for sharing

Yes, it was a great show, the house was packed, the Strum Shop really is a great venue for these shows. Nice to see you again, Danny, thanks for posting the vid. And thank you Dom and friends, and thanks also to Stu and the strum shop shop staff for hosting.

I missed this one concert and thanks for the video. I'm pretty sure everybody had a great time.

That was awesome....Dom has got it going on!!!!
Mahalo Danny for sharing!!!!

There's another vid on Dom's FB page; they're playing Santana's Europa . . .

Most of the songs from my solo set have already been posted in some fashion so I decided to just assemble some pieces from various songs into one video.

Thanks Danny, and everyone. We had a great time. The Strum Shop is a great place for a small intimate show.

Here is Europa

That has to be one of the best performances I have seen on the ukulele! Congrats Dominator!

Great rendition. Sorry I couldn't break away to attend.

The mike stand placement kept me from answering this one for my self; are you using a flat pick on Europa? Sounded a bit too clear for felt and since your strumming at about 3:00 minutes looked very relaxed, I'm also wondering if you had a thumb puck. Or maybe no pick at all?

Inquiring minds.... In any case, very expressive playing.

Great rendition. Sorry I couldn't break away to attend.

The mike stand placement kept me from answering this one for my self; are you using a flat pick on Europa? Sounded a bit too clear for felt and since your strumming at about 3:00 minutes looked very relaxed, I'm also wondering if you had a thumb puck. Or maybe no pick at all?

Inquiring minds.... In any case, very expressive playing.

On some songs I use the nail of my index finger as a pick (I have figerglass nails) and on others I use a flat pick. For Europa I used a pick and then just palm it and use my index finger to strum the octaves.

Top Bottom