Low-G High-G... Eureka

dktoller

Reaction score
Wow. Am I challenged or what !?

I just realized why my g-string sounds so terrible. I've been tuning that thin little sucker to a low G. When it's in tune on the low G then it's sharp at the fifth fret, etc. So after worrying about whether it was properly strung, whether it had proper frets, and then actually buying new strings, I found the answer today: it's designed for high-G.

For the record I got the instrument about two years ago, played it for a week and then threw it in the closet. This Christmas I got it out, tuned it to gcea by ear (with a low g) and have been playing several weeks solid.

This is going to change everything!

Guess I can put the Aquila string back on now.

Wow. Am I challenged or what !?

I just realized why my g-string sounds so terrible. I've been tuning that thin little sucker to a low G. When it's in tune on the low G then it's sharp at the fifth fret, etc. So after worrying about whether it was properly strung, whether it had proper frets, and then actually buying new strings, I found the answer today: it's designed for high-G.

For the record I got the instrument about two years ago, played it for a week and then threw it in the closet. This Christmas I got it out, tuned it to gcea by ear (with a low g) and have been playing several weeks solid.

This is going to change everything!

Guess I can put the Aquila string back on now.[/QUOTE

That took some testostarone to admit that. I bet your laughing now huh?

Just glad I figured it out before I started showing off for my friends...

Top Bottom