JUST A CLOSER WALK - Memories of Ukulele Hooley 2013

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
The Ukulele Hooley in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland was a tremendous success again. Here are some photos I took.

The instrumental in myself and Lonesome Dave playing that wonderful old hymn tune, Just A Closer Walk With Thee.

That is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Was a great festival really enjoyed playing at it and Ken and you captured it beautifully. It was good to see again hopefully next time we'll get around to recording that piece together

Was a great festival really enjoyed playing at it and Ken and you captured it beautifully. It was good to see again hopefully next time we'll get around to recording that piece together

Thanks George. Yes, indeed. It was a great festival.

That was beautiful. One of my favorite hymns.

One of my favourites too, Fred. I'll probably play it at the big Ceilidh in Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks and certainly at the Virginia Fest a week later. Nova Scotia is only about 500 miles from where you are, isn't it? If you have your own plane.

Thanks George. Yes, indeed. It was a great festival.
One of my favourites too, Fred. I'll probably play it at the big Ceilidh in Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks and certainly at the Virginia Fest a week later. Nova Scotia is only about 500 miles from where you are, isn't it? If you have your own plane.

Good memory, Ken. I had my own plane for years up until a few months ago. I've never been to NS but my wife and I have talked about going there. From your message it sounds like you aren't coming to Vermont to play any time soon??

Good memory, Ken. I had my own plane for years up until a few months ago. I've never been to NS but my wife and I have talked about going there. From your message it sounds like you aren't coming to Vermont to play any time soon??

Unfortunately not. After I have played at the Ceilidh, I will fly down to Nashville to meet up with friends before I drive to Richmond for the festival there. I may well fly over Vermont. I think that is the closest I will get.

Just had a great idea. How about a Vermont Uke Fest?

Unfortunately not. After I have played at the Ceilidh, I will fly down to Nashville to meet up with friends before I drive to Richmond for the festival there. I may well fly over Vermont. I think that is the closest I will get.

Just had a great idea. How about a Vermont Uke Fest?

That is a great idea. When you come up here there will be two of us :music:

What a gorgeous presentation. You are a marvelous photographer - the people and the lovely surroundings are captured very well, and the playing is a perfect backdrop. Many thanks for this. May I ask what uke you're playing?

Beautiful hymn and you both do a lovely rendition. Prompts me to go back and rediscover some of this wonderful music that, while I enjoy in church, I have yet to try it out on my uke. Thanks for sharing your music and what looked like a wonderful time at the festival.

Top Bottom