water marbles as case humidifiers?

Robtjm

Reaction score
Anyone have experience using these things called water marbles as a case humidifier? They are sold as tiny beads. If you leave them in water for a few hours, they absorb the water and swell up. As I understand it the water then slowly evaporates out of them, and when they have shrunken back down you can just rehydrate them.

I bought one package, and some small plastic containers to put them in. I have attached photos. Everything altogether cost about six dollars. Seems like a really easy and inexpensive way to keep my ukes from drying out. Anyone know a reason why I shouldn't put them in my uke cases?View attachment 59568View attachment 59569

If you Google "water marbles" you'll get bunch of places that sell them. I bought mine at a local fair. I bought the plastic containers at a Rite Aid for 25 cents a piece.

Here's my humidifiers, costing less than 20 cents each. I prefer a quality polymer, non-sodium based crystals,like those used in cigar humidifiers, about 1/2 a teaspoon per old medicine bottle. Use distilled water too, as it will make them last longer. (Yes, I've had my share of sick critters.)
attachment.php

just buy an oasis for less than $20, they are awesome and easy to use and fool proof.

I think this is a better solution for in-case humidifiers than most of the commercial options. They hold a good deal of water, so you don't have to "re-soak" that often, they don't drip, so there's little risk to your case or instrument, they are easy to re-wet, and they're cheap as heck.

Top Bottom