Ukulele magazine

Radio Flyer

Reaction score
i just got a Ukulele magazine. it's nice to see an American publication just for ukes instead of looking in the back of guitar mags for pictures of ukes i've never heard of.

Tell us more about mag. Give us some juicy details. I'm always looking for uke-read. What's it got? Where'd you find it,etc?

I don't know if this is the one Radio Flyer meant, but it is called Ukulele Magazine.

You can read the old issues here to give you an idea.

I was able to buy the 3rd issue in Montreal just before I left and find it really nice.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Thank you Radio flyer just browsed and read some back issues online excellent cheers.

I read the online issues and decided to subscribe for a year. 4 issues for $14.95. Why not? I like the online info...professional.

Ukulele mag has been on line for awhile but now it's in print form for the first time. i prefer the print issue since its nice just to sit down a browse through. go and look for it, i hope they get good support.

I was a subscriber to Acoustic Guitar Magazine for years, they sent me a free subscription. I love the mag, it's a little thin but they are getting started. Nice to read articles by Marcy Marxer, James Hill and such. I think it's great and we should support it!

A little context:

Ukulele Magazine started out as a supplement of the october 2012 Accoustic Guitar magazine.
Since then, they printed out 2 other issues which are available for download.
In each issue they of course have articles on ukulele players, have gear reviews, talk about what's up and coming in the ukulele world, but the feature I like the most is the songs to play.
Each issue is provided with tabs to songs to play, and in the last issue you have tabs and chords for beginners (with strumming pattern included, like Shady Grove), intermediate (like Ain't Nobody's Business), and advanced (like Here, There and Everywhere arranged by Jake Shimabukuru) so everyone gets something out of it.
Some of the songs or articles have a link to the website for instructional videos (how to change strings, or song Stars and Stripes Forever).

Here are the covers:

Uke-Issue-1-Cover_medium.jpg

Uke-Issue-2-Cover_medium.jpg

Ukulele-Issue-3-Cover_medium.jpg

As mentioned before, the subscription is $14.95 but will go to regular rates after october 31st (which will be $10.00 more). Of the newsstand, it costs $6.99.
The subscription starts as of January 2014 and the magazine will appear quarterly.
Here's a link to the subscription section.

I don't work for them (wish I did), but find the magazine really nice and hope it will find much support and grow.

PS there is a contest going on to win an Eddy Finn uke, it would be nice if someone from UU won it!

Last edited:
I'm excited that they've switched it to quarterly issues instead of just two a year! Excited to see what comes next!

Reviving an old thread for those that may not be aware. I recently received my first issue, Summer 2014, and am very happy with it. The songs are basic, but perfect for working out with a coworker who is just starting on the uke. The articles are good and there's something in there for everyone. I'm glad I subscribed and am already looking forward to the next issue. I hope the magazine sticks around.

Reviving an old thread for those that may not be aware. I recently received my first issue, Summer 2014, and am very happy with it. The songs are basic, but perfect for working out with a coworker who is just starting on the uke. The articles are good and there's something in there for everyone. I'm glad I subscribed and am already looking forward to the next issue. I hope the magazine sticks around.

Thanks for bumping this Kevin.

I have read the online back issues and enjoyed them. Never thought about subscribing till you revived this thread. I have just signed up, $18.00 for one year, quarterly issues. I am looking forward to sitting down with it. There is something nice about having a hard copy in your hands and seeing the big bright glossy pictures.

As another said it's a good idea to support anything that makes the ukulele community bigger and better

I'd subscribed to it too and received the first (fourth) issue. I'm now waiting for the next (summer) issue. I also read the three copies on line. We all seemed to have paid different prices for it though.

Is anyone else a subscriber that has not gotten the Summer issue yet? I subscribed and got my Spring issue but still have not gotten the Summer one. I did download it but am waiting for the print copy. I actually emailed them and they said I would not get it until mid May. :(

I'm gonna subsribe too, thanks! Reading it on computer is very hard for me, I like taking a mag or book to bed, not a laptop! Thier reporter was at our last jam session, so maybe we'll be in the next issue!

Is anyone else a subscriber that has not gotten the Summer issue yet? I subscribed and got my Spring issue but still have not gotten the Summer one. I did download it but am waiting for the print copy. I actually emailed them and they said I would not get it until mid May. :(

I noticed what the problem was with your situation..........you live in California so April seems like summer to you. In Canada it still feels like winter and if I got the summer issue before July I would consider that a bonus. JJ:cool:

I noticed what the problem was with your situation..........you live in California so April seems like summer to you. In Canada it still feels like winter and if I got the summer issue before July I would consider that a bonus. JJ:cool:

Hahaha! Yeah, except KevinV already got his Summer issue, and so did some folks I saw on Facebook. :)

Top Bottom