FS: Collings Doghair Concert - pristine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marymac

Reaction score
Hi UUers -

I have several ukes to sell this week to pay for the lovely LFdM uke I bought a few weeks ago and the Moore Bettah I bought this spring. First up is an absolutely pristine Collings UC2 Doghair Concert.

I bought this Collings from Steve at Acoustic Music Works in Pittsburgh back in March and the day after it arrived - the day after! - Steve posted the first Moore Bettah uke I've ever seen for sale on the web. I bought that one too so I'm afraid the doghair never really made it into my playing rotation.

This particular doghair uke has the coveted MOTS (mother-of-toilet-seat) overlay on the headstock and rope purfling on the top. The sound is quintessential Collings mahogany with a ringing tone.

I coveted a doghair for several years before buying it but I can't keep ukes I'm not playing, no matter how awesomely stylish they are! SOLD. Paypal preferred. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

These are hard to come by so don't wait! Thanks - Mary

i-V9CL2c6-XL.jpg

i-KzMSfwq-XL.jpg

i-vjftmrf-XL.jpg

i-wVgqKDh-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Your signature says it's mahogany, but you don't mention it in the description. Is is any certain type of mahogany?

Can you provide a sound sample?

This style Collings is absolutely unique. Good luck on the sale marymac!

Your signature says it's mahogany, but you don't mention it in the description. Is is any certain type of mahogany?

Can you provide a sound sample?

Hi Ginny - I'm not sure what type of mahog but I'll check on it. Good question! I don't have a sound sample but I'll try to get one done this week. I'll post it here when I do. Thanks!

Worth the asking price for the mother of toilet seat alone. Collings are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom