Pink Panther - Solo Uke - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
A quick and dirty lo-rez iPad video. The Henry Mancini hit!

Solo uke. First take - seriously!
Set your YouTube to 720p for the full Gerald audio
effect (little gear at bottom of YouTube window)

Last edited:
Just superbly played Gerald. Huge applause from me.
One fabulous take for the terrific song.
But 2 takes to post the vid:)

I have to admit that sometimes I find such seemingly effortless skill quite depressing as far as my own meager skills are concerned.

Last edited:
Great My wife says after giving it a listen says "wish you could play jazz like that". So do I sigh. Really wonderful to listen to

Cliff

I was listening to this and my 9 year old came over to watch the video. When it was done he said that was awesome and asked if I could teach him to play it. That's about the best compliment you can get.

fantastic!

Goodness, gracious Gerald you just keep taking it one step ahead w/every arrangement. I'm so grateful for your generosity with tips at Midwest Uke Fest. Many would guard jealously, but w/talent & chops like that you've got nothing to fear. I can't keep up, but am always inspired to keep trying. Thanks!

Thanks for all the good words folks. A question was emailed to me:
Is the reverb on the audio natural? Yes it is. I videoed the tune in my house - the room has many hard surfaces and a 19 foot ceiling.

In regards to "guarding my licks"... I will show anyone, any time how I play a song. I feel that if I show a person the chord progression, the right hand technique, the licks etc... they won't be "stealing" the song from me. They will take that knowledge and make the tune their own. They will put their own spin on the song. We all have different ears, different hands, different life experiences and different souls. All this affects how we play music. Nobody plays a same song exactly the same as the original. And honestly, do you really want to? Don't you want your personality to shine through?

Top Bottom