looking for a teacher

flipanda

Reaction score
i could use a little help

i picked up playing the uke after i lost my girlfriend of 6 years to kind of help me deal. it started when i found ukuleleunderground and i started watching the lessons that aldrine puts up.

its been a couple of months now and i was interested in finding a teacher. i could do a google search but i wanted to know if anyone out there around me has some recommendations.

i live in tustin, ca and will drive pretty much around orange county now that gas is cheaper.

so help me please?

thanks

Come on down to Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach. We have jams three days a week. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Tuesday nights is Kolohe (hawaiian music) 7-8:pM. Every Thursday night is Ukulele Jam (all types of music) 6:30-8:30PM and Surf City Strummers (an older crowd) meets every Friday morning 10:30-12 noon. You'll meet a whole bunch of wonderful people there and Shirley the owner teaches also. Check it out!

Condolences for your loss. As Sally said, you're in one of the hearts of ukulele in California. The other hotbeds are here in San Diego, Santa Cruz, Paradise and San Francisco. You're in luck, flipanda (what does "flipanda" mean, anyway?!)! There's lessons not too far from your area for the price of minimum wage - only $7.50 bucks per hour! If I did not work weekends, I'd be there for sure. I wonder if Sally knows Kalae Miles:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7705

Picture1-12.png

From Timmy in Santa Cruz, owner of Aloha Island Grill http://www.alohaislandgrille.com :

"My boy Kalae Miles is teaching BEGINNING UKULELE in Santa Cruz starting soon! Get on board and dust off that ol' UKE in your closet and get down to the WINDMILL Sunday January 25th!

Its gonna be really fun and there is no better teacher I know than Kalae when it comes to UKULELE!!!!

Aloha,
Braddah Timmy"

yea santa cruz is a bit far...

and flipanda is a name i came up with. i had people call me flip or panda an so jus smashed the two together.

any other teacher recommendations? id like to go see a few before i make up my mind.

It's probably too far for you, but McCabe's in Santa Monica has a class. The first session was just last Monday. It meets from 8-9:45pm every Monday. I live in Pasadena but I'm taking the class.

Sorry about your girlfriend...

i have already looked at the online lessons and have been for the past couple months. id really like to learn from a teacher so that they can point out any mistakes i might have.

It's probably too far for you, but McCabe's in Santa Monica has a class. The first session was just last Monday. It meets from 8-9:45pm every Monday. I live in Pasadena but I'm taking the class.

Sorry about your girlfriend...

i wouldnt mind goin to santa monica but the monday time is my problem. how is that class anyway? do they have other times?

I would love to help (I live in Irvine), but I'm not too good. :/

how are you learning to play the ukulele? and i dont care if you think you're good or not. as long as you share a fondness for the uke, then everyone's a superstar to me :music:

Top Bottom