Kala Bocote

Jools1050

Reaction score
Hi Peeps, I haven't formally introduced myself yet coz I'm the impatient type. I'll get around to it! I need help fast. I'm on the verge of ordering a Kala Bocote Tenor. I've only ever heard the model on utube, but I have read good things about them . Does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't buy one ! I'm new to the Uke but played classical for a long time. Thanks

From the video of MGM playing that Kala bicote uke, it sounds and looks pretty lovely! I especially like the binding on that, really distinguished! You honestly can't go wrong with Kala ukes, especially their mid to higher up models (which this probably is). :)

If you're buying online, try buying from somewhere that gives a set up like www.theukulelesite.com, they have the best service! MIM does a fantastic job too!

Hi
I bought the boycote tenor. The curved back gives the uke a ringing almost jazzy feel. Very smooth fingerboard and frets. Looks fantastic especially with some carnauba wax onto it and I changed the strings to living water. These kala ukes are such superb value. Highly recommended. I also have the mango concert, a beauty in low g, currently eyeing the tenor version. I say go for it.
All the best
Ben

Thanks for the help, I've ordered it. Getting the action lowered free of charge. It comes fitted with a low G but the high G is included. So hopefully on Monday , I will have a new addition to my string family.

Top Bottom