Hardest ukulele instrumental to play?

BIGDB

Reaction score
Hello, wanted to see what everyone here thought was the most difficult instrumental ukulele song is to play or if you cant play it looks the most challenging. I know there are many out there but which one do you think takes the most skill?

Last edited:
Probably the entire Ring Cycle by Wagner.

I vote for Pandanus by The Peter Moon Band...try to get every note correct...haha

Sakura Sakura Jake Shimabukuro

Ode to a frozen boot by James hill. Very complex, especially if you're not familiar with the techniques used.

Quite possibly this, I still do not have any idea how he does it. (Jake initially came up with the uke arrangement, this is just a cover; but a splendid cover by a splendid player - Andrew Molina!)

Whatever one I'm learning at the moment. :D

Pandanus is amazing. I can only dream of playing that!

Last edited:
To digress a little, hard songs played in a duet or group I don't like listening to since they are overplayed, Body Surfing, Breezin, Tico Tico

The most difficult thing is to play ONE note with the authority of players like Roy Smeck, Benny Chong, etc...or B B King or T-Bone Walker, for that matter. The flash factor is totally irrelevant.

I would say something by James Hill, because there is so much going on there which you're not even aware of most of the time: muting with both hands, crazy right hand technique. He's technically amazing.

Maybe even just good ol' Billie Jean. He does all his crazy James Hill stuff... AND SINGS!!!

Top Bottom