PDA

View Full Version : I <3 spongbob

MisoHappy
01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
First off, I'm not the addicted one.

It's my younger bro, and it's pretty irking when he does this.
He'll come home from school every day, and watch ^said show^ for several hours. The only thing he ever talks about is spongebob. "Remember that episode when Patrick....." or "you know that episode we (saying "we" was his first mistake) watched yesterday?" Then he practically quotes the whole darn episode (his second mistake) Don't get me wrong, Spongebob is hilarious (I enjoy watching it, but not to this extent), but to go so far as to memorize entire episodes? In my opinion, he should use that memorizing skill for school, not Spongebob.

We even nicknamed him Bob, in honor of his favorite TV show *rolls eyes*

deach
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I've never heard of SpongeBob.

MisoHappy
01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
>_>

Hobgoblin Steve
01-17-2009, 07:46 PM
hey remember that time spongebob went to the Krusty Krab to flip some Krabby patty's? Man, those were the good old days.

I never got into Spongebob, however I do have to say I find it awesome that patrick is voiced by Bill Fagerbakke, who played Dauber Dybinski in Coach. I grew up on shows like Coach, alot of nick at nite shows, ren and stimpy, freakazoid, earthworm jim, animaniacs, and the tick. (im about to turn 21 if you we're wondering)

BboyEmperor
01-17-2009, 08:07 PM
My friend's 16 and remembers every single episode, lol.
But he's not wasting that talent to memorize things for spongebob.
He gets good grades and memorizes a lot of things and is a quick learner.

MisoHappy
01-17-2009, 08:21 PM
My friend's 16 and remembers every single episode, lol.
But he's not wasting that talent to memorize things for spongebob.
He gets good grades and memorizes a lot of things and is a quick learner.

Exactly! I always give my mom that look like "please make it stop!" and she just goes "He's a boy. Boys do that", then I look at her like (>_>) OHMAGAHD

And he gets all mad when he can't memorize his vocab, and I say, "well you memorized spongebob didn't you?"

MisoHappy
01-17-2009, 08:23 PM
(im about to turn 21 if you we're wondering)

orly? I'm about to turn 12 (5 months short, so 11.5 yrs :D)

Hobgoblin Steve
01-17-2009, 08:29 PM
rly.
Ive got 39 days.

Aaaaaaaaaaand with that, im in the senior club, way to go me!
time to buy a new uke.( or maybe some Baconsalt)

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-18-2009, 03:18 AM
SPONGEBOB IS THE BEST!! :D :D :D :D

i watch it everyday haha :P also know every episode.

mwalimu
01-18-2009, 05:55 AM
I hate to admit this, but I love Sponge Bob. It regularly cracks me up, it's just so absurdly silly. We have occasional conversations in my 7th grade classes about the show my favorite being "Is Mr. Crabs Black?" and "What would Sandy's and Sponge Bob's children look like?".

!2 year olds are hysterical...

MisoHappy
01-18-2009, 02:54 PM
"What would Sandy's and Sponge Bob's children look like?".

O.O................

ask deach

That's all I can say

Arr3n
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I remember when Spongebob first came out. I think I've seen everysingle episode. It's just an all round hilarious show with a bunch of incredibly stupid one liners. I also have a younger brother, but he doesn't fully appreciate SpongeBob. The fool...

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-22-2009, 01:01 AM
O.O................

ask deach

That's all I can say

i thought of a good line to say then :D buh uncalled for.

well if mr krabbs has a whale for a child... then sandy and spongebob... it wud be like.. i dunoo

sum1 suggest something.

MisoHappy
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
well if mr krabbs has a whale for a child... then sandy and spongebob... it wud be like.. i dunoo

sum1 suggest something.

How in the world does a crab end up with a whale, first of all?

And It's awkward just thinking about it, but....
Mebbe Spongebob and Sandy would be a stingray, or some other random creature totally unrelated to the parents.

MisoHappy
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
i thought of a good line to say then :D buh uncalled for.

Do tell :D

I'm dying to know

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
no not telling, my 2009 resolution was to make fewer insults to people. it wasn't about you though....

i dunno how mr krabbs has a whale... email them

Lanark
01-23-2009, 03:28 AM
i dunno how mr krabbs has a whale... email them

He adopted Pearl for tax credits?

Frankly I think the show is perfectly coral and very smartly written.

BboyEmperor
01-23-2009, 09:37 PM
He adopted Pearl for tax credits?

Frankly I think the show is perfectly coral and very smartly written.

LOL. I just died with the word "coral"
Good one.

And yeah...Why does a crab have a whale as a daughter? And why is she a cheerleader...

MisoHappy
01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
LOL. I just died with the word "coral"
Good one.

:rotfl:

Agreed

HaileISela
01-26-2009, 02:11 AM
tell me one thing:

why, for gods sake, do people watch something like spongebob when there are series like Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. which have not just humor but also substance??? I don't get it. the moment I was lost watching 1! episode of that sponge was when he showered underwater. nothing against you guys, but I can't stand that sponge

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-26-2009, 03:49 AM
emperor, she is a cheerleader because she is straight up sexy body.

Lanark
01-26-2009, 06:28 AM
tell me one thing:

why, for gods sake, do people watch something like spongebob when there are series like Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. which have not just humor but also substance??? I don't get it. the moment I was lost watching 1! episode of that sponge was when he showered underwater. nothing against you guys, but I can't stand that sponge

It's hardly fair compare Spongebob which is conceived and written for children and a host of more adult oriented cartoons. You may as well start harping now on how it's not nearly as insightful a skewering of modern culture as South Park.
I'd also say that you're perhaps overthinking it. It's a very silly kids cartoon made by very smart people. The cartoon itself harkens back the original Looney Tunes shorts (the ones shown in movie theaters), the Banana Splits and absorbed a bit of DNA from more modern things like Ren & Stimpy. There's a whole host of pop culture references that perhaps pass by your radar and well over the heads of children that they toss into the mix. But it still is for (mostly) kids.
All in all it's refreshingly innocent and completely non-cynical experience without a mean spirited bone in its body that seldom has an overt message to preach. And that's its charm. It exists solely to be very silly and entertain. Which is a rare commodity.

HaileISela
01-26-2009, 08:05 AM
It's hardly fair compare Spongebob which is conceived and written for children and a host of more adult oriented cartoons. You may as well start harping now on how it's not nearly as insightful a skewering of modern culture as South Park.
I'd also say that you're perhaps overthinking it. It's a very silly kids cartoon made by very smart people. The cartoon itself harkens back the original Looney Tunes shorts (the ones shown in movie theaters), the Banana Splits and absorbed a bit of DNA from more modern things like Ren & Stimpy. There's a whole host of pop culture references that perhaps pass by your radar and well over the heads of children that they toss into the mix. But it still is for (mostly) kids.
All in all it's refreshingly innocent and completely non-cynical experience without a mean spirited bone in its body that seldom has an overt message to preach. And that's its charm. It exists solely to be very silly and entertain. Which is a rare commodity.

thanks, I think I understand it better now...

BboyEmperor
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM

I see your point...;)

MisoHappy
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM

That part's true, but it's also true that big head doesn't mean big brain.
I'm surprised you would infer that about a children's TV show.
Think about the children that could be reading that O.o
jk :D

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-30-2009, 07:49 PM
umm sure... they r playing all these new episodes now on tv... not as funny as the originals.

BboyEmperor
01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah....all these new shows on TV are no where close to as the shows of like at least 5 years ago, haha.

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
i mean new spongebob episodes.

BboyEmperor
01-31-2009, 04:48 PM
oh...oops.
i thought you were comparing other cartoons.
then i realized i wasn't paying attention.

MisoHappy
01-31-2009, 06:15 PM
not as funny as the originals.

Yah, they're more irritating than funny

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
the new 1 i like, when squid turns into handsome, and every1 chases him and that. OMG AHAHAHHAHA

funny.