Slotted headstock tuners

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I've shot a short video of the tuners Rubner make for me. Some technical and design information here plus availability. Get in touch with me for further details (tho the vid pretty much says it all....).

Addendum:
These tuners are hand made and assembled. The plating is superb as are the cute vintage style slot head screws. Typical German quality but more BMW than VW.

Rubners are very good. These in the pic are a bit different then Pete's ( I prefer his centered hole)

image.jpg

Hello Mr Howlett,
I've sent you a private message about these tuners since the video is no longer available. But it seems you haven't read it, so if you have the time, could you please give some more informations on these tuners ?
And since this message is public, any feedback from any Rubner users will be much appreciated on these tuners :)
Thank you very much in advance !

These(Rodgers) are the nicest I have seen...a friend has a set of them for his classical guitar...each one is custom and the buttons are the nicest I have seen...I believe they have a shop in the UK too...

he can do them for the uke too...but expensive....:)

http://rodgers-tuning-machines.com/Gallery.html

The Rodgers are a guitar tuner - too wide for a uke headstock. The Rubners are a ukulele tuner. There is a difference :)

Contact Jeffrey at Rubner if you want tuners. They have a downloadable pdf....

The Rodgers are a guitar tuner - too wide for a uke headstock. The Rubners are a ukulele tuner. There is a difference :)

Contact Jeffrey at Rubner if you want tuners. They have a downloadable pdf....

there will be a Rollo Scheurenbrand built uke with the Rodgers tuners on them soon...Rodgers says he will custom build them for the uke....hopefully will have some pictures...

they are nice and I want to see how they look on the uke...but too expensive for me....:)

btw the tuner base plate same width as Grover extra lite tuners...the roller holes might have to be drilled out a little...

Last edited:
Top Bottom