Brittni and Taimane article

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
The new issue of Hana Hou magazine (the inflight magazine of Hawaiian Airlines) has a cover story on Brittni Paiva and Taimane Gardner.
image.jpg

Women of 'Uke: Sugar and Spice
Brittni Paiva and Taimane are taking the ‘ukulele where no man has gone before.

http://www.hanahou.com

I look forward to getting a copy next month on my flight but if anyone has a copy of the article can you let us know what it is like?

hana-hou.jpg

This is so irritating. My quotes are chopped out of context. For instance I was talking about aspects of Taimane's album that I liked and he only mentions the tremolo picking. Whatever right, ya, BUT, I would never say picking is strumming! WTH!
After I realized all the questions were gender related I told him the premise of the article was an insult, and that he mine as well follow it with an article on Jake and Kalei because their both male, and ask them how they differ from girls and how their playing is masculine. Geez
Just to prove it's a ridiculous article, I was interviewed!? Painful read.

good article...not as bad as you think....but the writer...... writes Hawaiian Music Supply....
they never get things correct....haha

Last edited:
hana-hou.jpg

This is so irritating. My quotes are chopped out of context. For instance I was talking about aspects of Taimane's album that I liked and he only mentions the tremolo picking. Whatever right, ya, BUT, I would never say picking is strumming! WTH!
After I realized all the questions were gender related I told him the premise of the article was an insult, and that he mine as well follow it with an article on Jake and Kalei because their both male, and ask them how they differ from girls and how their playing is masculine. Geez
Just to prove it's a ridiculous article, I was interviewed!? Painful read.
Aloha Andrew...
I feel for you when you are taken out of context...unintented or not, not a good sign of a good interviewer nor established writer...

Last edited:
Well I know I didn't say tremolo picking was fast strumming. But I don't mind looking a little stupid. I guess what really bothered me was that I respect them both so much and it doesn't come off that way, at least to me, it's all in the writers slant, and my stupid mouth, but mostly I blame the writer, ha. Oh well, I hope these girls get some more exposure from it and I appreciate that he did an article on them for that reason.

Top Bottom