loose those four strings after pracitce?

boyboylover

Reaction score
Aloha everyone!!

As usual, I pracitise ukulele maybe 2 times a week, around 30 to 60 mins each. To protect the body is straight in shape or not be damaged, should I loosen all the four strings when I finish every time? And tune them up again for the next time practice? :D:D:D

I agree with pauli, it will be fine if you're taking them out for that often :) If you were to go away and leave them alone for a month, then maybe you would have to.

I'd be perfectly happy to pick up a ukulele after a month and find its still in tune. That's tuning stability. Detuning and retuning every time you play would be DIABOLICALLY bad for tuning stability. The instrument would never sound right. Ukulele's aren't under that much string tension anyway.

Anthony

When you loosen the strings all the way, your strings need breaking in time all over....it is not necessary it that time period...

When you loosen the strings all the way, your strings need breaking in time all over....it is not necessary it that time period...

how about some ukes that I keep in the case and not playing them often....should I loosen the strings?

Not sure if I'm right but my guitars and ukulele's strings stay tuned as long as I own them. They are all still perfectly fine. The only time I loosen them a bit is when I ship one and I'm not sure if that is necessary but seems to be what everyone does.

Top Bottom