has anyone ever ordered from elderly instruments? a few questions i need answered

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So i will be making a new uke purchase a week from today from elderly instruments (as they carry the uke im looking for).
I spoke with a guy from them via email and he offered me a discount but said i needed to basically name drop him, im also trying to have strap pegs added (which he said they would do for free). I have a panic disorder and one of the things that cause anxiety to me are phone calls, to the point where i can barely speak clearly on the phone. Does anyone know if there online ordering system has a little message box where I can put in my request for the strap pegs and throw in that name drop (even if they offered me a credit in the future i'd be fine with that too). anyone who has ordered with them online let me know.

Also does anyone also know if they ship quickly and what method?

any help greatly appreciated! ive been saving my ass of for this uke (which will be revealed after my purchase) i just everything to go smoothly.

thanks!

They are a well established company, and I have always had a good experience with them.

Why don't you contact them by e-mail and ask them.

You can probably put the order in, and follow up with an e-mail with the request for the free pegs, at most it should only be a few dollars for them, and not worth the trouble of dealing over the phone.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing\hearing what Uke you are getting ;-)

They are a well established company, and I have always had a good experience with them.

Why don't you contact them by e-mail and ask them.

You can probably put the order in, and follow up with an e-mail with the request for the free pegs, at most it should only be a few dollars for them, and not worth the trouble of dealing over the phone.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing\hearing what Uke you are getting ;-)

thanks i actually spoke to a fellow named doug who has helped answer
all my questions (so many of them) and said installing the pegs
would be free. I guess at very least i can email him after i order
online and see if he can make sure they get installed.
He offered me a discount but said it would be easier to
do by phone order which i really don't want to do :(
but if theres no other way ill try to mumble my way though it.

Bought my Risa tenor from them. Great company and customer service.

My sole experience with them was quite good. I bought a blemished instrument (very, very minor) at a great price and was satisfied with both the initial order and subsequent shipping. I ordered online, if I recall, but made a couple of phone calls to ascertain what exactly the blemish was and got an intelligent human being at the other end. That alone is a victory these days.

Good luck with your purchase! You've got me curious.

Yes great company and service...best by the phone as you get direct questions answered immediately...and maybe freebies or discounts... do you best and phone them...just tell them
to talk slowly and be patient ...that all... I know they will be happy to oblige....Good Luck and congrats on your new uke purchase....happy strummings...

Excellent company, over 40 years of great service. It's only an hour drive for me, a great place to buy from. When I do order online they ship immediately.

I bought my Flea from them online. No phone call. I don't mind talking on the phone, but hate it when I get a call to confirm my order or follow up call asking how I like their product. Those types of calls are very short for me though :). Shipping was via ups and no problems at all. I would buy from them again.

I bought my '77 Fender Jazz Bass from them back in 1999, and my Martin Style 2 a few years ago. I bought them both over the phone (I think.. might have done the bass via email, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember really). When I bought the Martin, the guy I dealt with spent about 30 minutes with me, and played 3 vintage Martins for me over the phone, giving me his opinion of how each sounded in person. He was very helpful. Now, if it was a new factory-made instrument, I wouldn't hesitate to order it via email. If you call them and then email them later about the strap buttons, just do it SOON! They pack stuff up and ship it out pretty fast, in my experience. I've bought strings and smaller odds and ends (and a case or two, I guess) without talking to anyone in person. Either way you're comfortable with, they're great.

I bought my Flea from them online. No phone call. I don't mind talking on the phone, but hate it when I get a call to confirm my order or follow up call asking how I like their product. Those types of calls are very short for me though :). Shipping was via ups and no problems at all. I would buy from them again.

I've never gotten a follow up or confirmation call, or "questionnaire" type call from them.

I've bought instruments & accessories for many years from Elderly, there is a reason they've been in business for 40+ years. My lovely Makai MC-90 was an Elderly purchase-again, their tech played it for me over the phone and recommended its tone over a more expensive Kala that I had initially requested. How can you fault a company that advocates for the customer over their own bottom line? Shipping is fast and safe-I ordered mid-week and had my instrument by Friday. Also, if tey make a mistake (these happen). they will make good on it.

Just let us see your new addition when you get it!

Like everyone else, my many experiences with Elderly have been excellent. The owner, Stan Werbin is a great guy and a serious Uke enthusiast. You're in good hands there.

Scooter

Excellent experience with Elderly. I had a problem with a pretty expensive purchase (NOT THEY'RE FAULT) and they were very helpful and resolved the problem completely, at their expense. I would definitely purchase from them again.

I bought my '77 Fender Jazz Bass from them back in 1999, and my Martin Style 2 a few years ago. I bought them both over the phone (I think.. might have done the bass via email, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember really). When I bought the Martin, the guy I dealt with spent about 30 minutes with me, and played 3 vintage Martins for me over the phone, giving me his opinion of how each sounded in person. He was very helpful. Now, if it was a new factory-made instrument, I wouldn't hesitate to order it via email. If you call them and then email them later about the strap buttons, just do it SOON! They pack stuff up and ship it out pretty fast, in my experience. I've bought strings and smaller odds and ends (and a case or two, I guess) without talking to anyone in person. Either way you're comfortable with, they're great.

do you know if you there is any box to enter requests with your online order?
that would be so much easier if i could just add that in about the strap pegs
with my order. If anyone knows let me know thanks!

Well I ordered some koa tuning pegs last week.Ordered on line.Got a call an hour or so latter from them,that we cleared up easy.Got my pegs in 3 days,in Hawaii that's fast. USPS.Small priority box.Here is the wierd part,the box end was smashed and at no time had the flaps been taped.Just fold up along the dotted line.To me real lazy packaging.The tuners were there inside but they just as well could have fallen out.I thought about calling and letting them know,but why bother.I plan on ordering a National cone for my resonator uke and will definetly use them but will let them know to tighten up the packaging.FWIW

yes there is. you can add comments with your online order. i've bought from them numerous times in this way, both online and by phone. the online option is very uncomplicated. Personally, I found the phone option more reassuring, you feel like it's personal and immediate and nothing can really go wrong. However, that said, I understand your issue as I too suffer from similar problems - weirdly enough I find the phone no prob, but face to face is where I struggle! - but you can certainly do what you say on your computer in an impersonal way and without any worry. They are an awesome business. I wish you all the best with it.

yes there is. you can add comments with your online order. i've bought from them numerous times in this way, both online and by phone. the online option is very uncomplicated. Personally, I found the phone option more reassuring, you feel like it's personal and immediate and nothing can really go wrong. However, that said, I understand your issue as I too suffer from similar problems - weirdly enough I find the phone no prob, but face to face is where I struggle! - but you can certainly do what you say on your computer in an impersonal way and without any worry. They are an awesome business. I wish you all the best with it.

Thanks! thats all i needed to know.
its a shame about the discount
not to worry about that but it seems
i would only get the discount if i call
but ill still name drop him in the online order
maybe ill get a credit or they will give me something
free next time.

thanks again!

I don't remember, since I bought that bass 14 years ago. If it's like MOST online order forms, there is often a special instructions box, but I'm not really sure.

Top Bottom