Season 87 of the Ukulele- HAPPY HOUR!

TCK

Reaction score
Back in the old days, we used to post the new season on Saturday morning. Somewhere along the line that got moved to Sunday, and I am sure there is an "official rule" somewhere about when you gotta post your vids-
Well, I ain't gonna be around tomorrow so here we go with the theme, and since it is my week, no videos until 12:01 AM California time please. If it is not October 13th in California, this season has not started, ya dig?
Right- now, for those of you who like to hear me read:

and for those that like to read things themselves:
IT"S HAPPY HOUR! This week you need to sing a song about fermented and or distilled beverage ingredients. I figure this theme will hit every genre of music and style, but perhaps not every taste, so, a few things before we start.
1.You DO NOT need to glorify demon alcohol in your entry- go ahead, vilify it too! Sing of the feats of amazing strength you a re capable of when intoxicated, or the amazing come downs…or the pitiful drunkard.
2. Understanding this is a kid friendly contest, if you are under the drinking age in the country you reside in, sing us a song about any beverage. Good enough.
RULES
*You need to spell out in your video that it is for season 87 of the Ukulele, unless you are clearly inebriated.
*Ukulele must be front and center.
*You need to not post anything before 12:01AM California time on October 13th
*You need to get this place cleaned up for the next season before 12 Midnight Hawaii time on October 20th.
Everything else is a go!
JUDGES
Me and the Bumpass hounds. I am a “wine widower” this time of year (harvest here) so Mel is not going to be around this time…and the dogs are highly critical.
PRIZES
First place gets a dart board, because people play darts when they are drinking- I have no idea why.
Second place gets a set of dice cups. I don’t know how to play this, but I saw it being played in a bar once.
Third place- Dominoes. Melissa will school you at these if you should ever meet her…so you will need practice.
BONUS POINTS
Sing a song about my favorite spirit (no I am not telling what it is)
Wear Lederhosen (just because I wanna see what you people look like in lederhosen)
Wish me Happy Birthday (this thing starts on my 41st)!

All right- and their off!
Cheers
Entries Playlist
Bonus Playlist
Awesome Thin Lizzy Appreciation Playlist
Last train to Margaritaville Playlist

Last edited:
do we get bonus points for singing under the affluence of incohol Dave? I'll throw in a packet of Berocca for most inebriated performance. oops, sorry, family friendly clause in operation...i'll get my coat

Happy Birthday TCK! Sláinte! A toast to your health and to many more happy birthdays to come.
This is an excellent theme with infinite possibilities- so many songs to choose from...bottoms up!

@ Mr. Duncan- I don't care how you arrive, get off your duff and play me a song mate!
@Myrna, Thank You- can't wait to see what you bring to the party ;)

HICCUP! Outrageous Daddy-O!

Right back at you brother. Oh and by the way, happy birthday. Oh, and another by the way, I remover when the new seasons theme was announced in the afternoon (CA time) way back when. It was always right around 2pm if memory serves.

What is the secret word that we all take a shot for when we read it in the thread?

And happy b'day, man!

HAHAHAHAHAHA- A drinking game! I love it. I think in honor of our new folks it ought to be "first". I gotta keep my head about me and go to work this week ;) Oh yeah- and thanks
What is the secret word that we all take a shot for when we read it in the thread?

And happy b'day, man!

Happy Birthday to the Cloverdale Kid! I'm having have a Toast to you and thinking of a B-Day song!!!!!!

Great theme Dave and a very Happy Birthday to ya !!
:cool:
As a friend of Bills I will have some fun reminiscing on the good 'ole/bad 'ole days on this one !! Lol

OK I believe the sun is over the yard arm.
Here is my own song - I Like a Drink.
Some multi tracking with banjo uke and hamonica. Had to redo the ending which is why it is out of syn at the very end.

Happy Birthday Dave.
Given that it is drinks time and time for a chat.
My recent news is that our little dog companion of nearly seventeen years left us last week. We had her since she was a very small puppy.
It was not unexpected and she led a totally happy and comfortable life. Lived inside and slept on our beds mostly.
She had not been herself for about 6 months and probably should have gone earlier but she was in no pain so we let her go on. She had some sort of seizure or a stroke so we took her to the vet who ended her suffering. She is buried in our back yard. As I said nothing to be too sad about as it really was her time but she will certainly be missed especially by my daughter.
If you're having a drink have one for Dave's birthday and one for our little Amber. Cheers.
IMGP2325.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Cloverdale Kid. Great theme. I may have a go at this track if I can figure it out.
Its by a well known band in the UK called "Kasabian" I doubt you will have heard of them in the USA but they are local lads from my home town and this is one they made about the demon drink. I think its a wonderful track and wanted to share it. It sounds like a sort of Beatles meets Radiohead. They have written some great stuff and are fantastic live if anyone ever gets the chance to see them. Well thats my hometown plugged. Now to get back to researching some more songs.

happy birthday TCK!

happy birthday to uke!
happy birthday to uke!
happy birthday dear TCK!
happy birthday to uke!

:)

here is my entry

it's the dead kennedy's "too drunk to..." - but amended slightly given the family friendly nature of the seasons, and made more uke specific

:music: :cheers:

Top Bottom