I think I'm over UAS

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Post Deleted

Last edited:
I hope I can say the same, after playing for only five months, I bought my fourth and fifth ukulele last weekend, but on Thursday I was in McCabes in Santa Monica and saw a beautiful Kala golden acacia tenor cutaway electric. Even I was surprised that I dragged myself away.

Last edited:
I think my UAS has abated too. Except for a vintage Martin (had the chance to play one a few days ago..great), I don't really desire any others. I have four and they each have different functions (a few different sizes and a beater) and that's enough for me. I don't see myself having a ton, with all different tunings and such. Right now, I'm keeping myself happy with some new accessories, like new microtuners for each headstock, pickups, straps and the like.

cough**BULL**cough...it's only in remission.

It WILL come back.......

UAS gets the better of us sometimes. Especially since these uke makers are always coming up with better, more unique designs, it just really tempts you bad. I for one, won't be buying any more ukes until I can afford a custom though

I think my UAS has abated too. Except for a vintage Martin (had the chance to play one a few days ago..great), I don't really desire any others. I have four and they each have different functions (a few different sizes and a beater) and that's enough for me. I don't see myself having a ton, with all different tunings and such. Right now, I'm keeping myself happy with some new accessories, like new microtuners for each headstock, pickups, straps and the like.

You can't go wrong. I have several ukes and seem to reach for one of my vintage Martin sopranos first.

"I think I'm over UAS."

Believe it or not it's only temporary. You'll be back with a vengeance with your UAS. :)

Can someone explain this term UAS to me?

I'm guessing Ukulele Alcoholic Syndrome ?
I keep hearing this and not sure. Thanks.

I think I'm over UAS
If I had an ukulele for every time I've said that......oh wait, I DO!!

hucklelele, it's Ukulele Aquisition Syndrome. It's a relentless, but enjoyable affliction.

Last edited:
The term ***** Acquisition Syndrome is used for anything, on my photography forum we use NAS and CAS, Nikon Acquisition Syndrome and Canon Acquisition Syndrome. My brother and his group have DAS, Drum Acquisition Syndrome.

I'm starting to use an additional version, UAAS, Ukulele Accessory Acquisition Syndrome, that one has a very strong hold on me. I'm going down to Huntington Beach Monday before my CC Strummers session to look for padded gig bags, putting myself in harms way for UAS, judging by the web site photos of that store.

Last edited:
Some forums also use GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. :D
I like that one because then you get to talk about the GAS building up. ;)

I got to four Ukes before purchasing a Martin S-1 and now I want to stay with and collect other Martin's too :drool:.
I've got some serious saving to do. Help me. :iwant::iwant:

My UAS has been temporalily satisfied as I just added a Bruko tenor to my collection but I also tried a Bruko soprano.

Hmmmmmm!

I thought mine was cured, too. I've been selling of my uke collection, in fact. Then all of a sudden, without warning, BAM strong desire for a new uke. I have suppressed it a little and I haven't bought anything yet... But I am afraid I will soon...

There are only 3 ukes now that I really want; a soprano Flea, a National or similar, and a sopranino. Nothing else really appeals to me outside of those 3. I had a chance today to pickup an old Harmony cheap and I passed. The wifey was not only shocked she thought I'd done something bad that I hadn't told her about. Crazy, huh?

So are you saying that you have the 3 ukes or you want the 3 ukes?

I haven't purchased a uke in over a year...but pressure is building... LOL

John

Yeah sad. Now that I have a flea and fluke together I'm starting to consider looking at a martin oxk as well. I'm avoiding solid woods considering I live in the high and dry plains and know I'd only end up with cracked wood stuffs.

Top Bottom