Must have Ukulele Books

UkeyDave

Reaction score
My daughter has asked me to suggest something for my Christmas list. I was thinking a Uke book of some description. I've already put in a request elsewhere for the Martin Uke book which I really would like. Does anyone have any "must have" ukulele book suggestions?

How about Ukulele Heroes: The Golden Age by Ian Whitcomb (yes, that Ian Whitcomb, to those of a certain age).

I hadn't seen the book before, but received it for my birthday last month. I've learned quite a bit.

Jim Tranquada and John King, 'The Ukulele: A History" THE book Dave, without question.

Jim Beloff's 'the Ukulele: a visual history' is a beautiful book too. get the hardcover with the cloth spine, it's gorgeous to look at and a lot of fun. Amazing pictures.

Jim Tranquada and John King, 'The Ukulele: A History" THE book Dave, without question.

Jim Beloff's 'the Ukulele: a visual history' is a beautiful book too. get the hardcover with the cloth spine, it's gorgeous to look at and a lot of fun. Amazing pictures.

How about Ukulele Heroes: The Golden Age by Ian Whitcomb (yes, that Ian Whitcomb, to those of a certain age).

I hadn't seen the book before, but received it for my birthday last month. I've learned quite a bit.

Thanks guys. This is a great forum to pick people's brains. I will definitely check those out. Cheers.

John King's Classical Ukulele book or his famous solos and duets book.

I'm a fanboy though.

I'd add "Fretboard road maps: ukulele" and "Ukulele exercises for dummies" to the list

I second the "Ukulele a History" and "Ukulele Exercises for Dummies", have both (and others), but for me, those 2 are "must haves"

I don't know what you have or need, but consider:

"The Martin Ukulele" by Tom Walsh & John King.

I notice you have a Martin S1. If you are interested in Martins, this is a gorgeous book and the new "must have" on the subject.

Top Bottom