Kids love the uke!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
So my mom teaches K through 3rd graders every week and today I did a little demo for the kids. It was a blast! They loved everything about it, the size (I brought 5 ukes along including one that is a sopranino), the sound and the look of it. I played some solo songs, then did some sing along songs and just had a good time. Many of them really wanted to learn so I passed out some cards with my email address and webpage on it for them.

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you!!

That's so cool! Isn't it fun? Kids are great, and such fast learners, too. They have no preconceived idea that they can't do something.....they just do it!

...and the parents will totally deflate them. "That's a toy!"

Yeah, I'm cynical today. But still, if it sticks with one or two of them, that's awesome. :)

...and the parents will totally deflate them. "That's a toy!"

Yeah, I'm cynical today. But still, if it sticks with one or two of them, that's awesome. :)

www.thejumpingflea.net

Go there and look around. If you still think that parents will think of it as a toy I am out of ideas. (Don't mean to be cocky or anything, but I am playing real music on there)

Yeah.. like someone said on here, they have no preconcieved notion that they can't do something, so they learn fast because they don't put that restriction on themselves. That's cool to teach the kids, I definitely want to do that in my area.

That's awesome! At best, you can help nourish the minds of future Jakes and Aldrines; at worst, you'll infect them with UAS early and their moms will have to scramble to get them a KoAloha for Christmas. ;)

The uke is very kid-friendly. They're cute, fun-sounding, and small enough to not be intimidating. I'd love to teach some kids to play.

That's awesome. This proves that the Uke is an instrument for all....

Haolejohn is a 5th grade teacher in the Atlanta metro area who has been able to start the 1st ukulele club in his school and probably in his county! He has had a load of interest and is making it all come together. Its amazing how kids pick up on the positive vibe of the uke. We all need to give something to the upcoming gens.:)

Top Bottom