FS: Maui Music T4K Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupking

Reaction score
I have too many ukes. Selling this '11 Maui Music all koa tenor. Maui Musics are handcrafted Hawaiian ukuleles. Purchased from Gryphon Stringed Instruments about eighteen months ago. Sounds and plays great, as you'll see.

Radiused fingerboard and oval sound hole, which Peter hasn't made in a couple of years (at least from what I can tell; all I've seen are the regular round sound holes of late, even on the deluxe models). The finish is what I would describe a sort of semigloss; it's not super glossy like other K-brands, but it's not quite satiny, either. No issues on this one, although there is some play wear on the face of the uke as you'll see in the pics.

I paid $1,300 for this one. It was about $100 more that the regular stock MM tenors (I'm guessing it's due to the koa on this one, which is really sick, IMO). I also paid to upgrade the case from Uke Crazy foam to O'ahu hard. Asking $800 shipped and insured to CONUS only. Comes with upgraded O'ahu hardshell case.

DSCN0137.jpgDSCN0138.jpgDSCN0145.jpgDSCN0140.jpgDSCN0136.jpg

Additional pics and sound sample:

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/soupking/library/Maui Music T4K?sort=3&page=1

Matt, that is a great deal ! Awesome looking koa on that tenor.

You know, I've not played a Maui Music tenor.

Last edited:
[URL=http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/soupking/Maui Music T4K/?action=view&current=54438062-7835-4C4C-A84D-6C621D25C348-33486-000013BF3670539B_zps624e6e69.mp4][/URL]

$500 off the top for a Hawaiian luthier-made instrument not good enough? Not a single solitary offer? Fine. New price: $1,100. Take it or leave it. I'm playing it right now and it's among the punchiest, snappiest ukes I've ever played. If I didn't have a MM deluxe already I wouldn't even consider posting it in the first place. In fact, I pretty much don't even wanna sell it, hence the new price.

It really is unreal that not a single person made an offer... still, maybe it's my own fault for not spamming the board with relentless bumps. Meanwhile, here in the marketplace there's a K-brand uke listed for $100 less than the brand new price, and people think that's a "great price." Haha. Whatever. I give up. I'm drowning in credit card debt but I'm done giving ukes away, so like I said: take it or leave it ;)

This is my last bump and I'll close the thread a week from today if no one wants it for the new asking price. Good day, all :cool:

Ha I'm just being a baby. I actually almost deleted the bump post here because who needs to read my whiny babbling? It is however indeed frustrating. Luckily for me I haven't purchased anything since springtime, but like I said I just need to pay some bills and it's not urgent, so I'm fine for now holding onto all my ukes for the foreseeable future. I'm just glad that, despite the history of raging UAS you can see on my signature, that I made wise choices because all of my ukes are excellent. If nothing else, let this marketplace listing be a lesson to the newbies: you best be as certain as can be when making a high dollar uke purchase, because unless you're really, really lucky, you're bound to get hammered on the resale. On the plethora of ukes I've sold that've retailed for over a grand, I've lost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on each one I've resold. But hey, at the end of the day it's my own fault. Haha.

Do you think that ukuleles are investments? I don't. I think of them just like any other consumer good- just like when I buy a car, I don't expect to sell the car for the same/more than I paid.

Do you think that ukuleles are investments? I don't. I think of them just like any other consumer good- just like when I buy a car, I don't expect to sell the car for the same/more than I paid.

I agree 100%. I don't expect to get back the same/more than I paid in the least. Did you read the thread? I originally listed this uke at $500 off what I paid and didn't get a single offer. It's all good, though. It's just frustrating, and like I said I have no one to blame but myself. I shouldn't have made so many impulse buys but you live and you learn. I happen to think that I threw up an amazing deal to the UUers... I guess no one else thought so. No big deal.

Nice deal!! Beautiful Koa!!

I agree 100%. I don't expect to get back the same/more than I paid in the least. Did you read the thread? I originally listed this uke at $500 off what I paid and didn't get a single offer. It's all good, though. It's just frustrating, and like I said I have no one to blame but myself. I shouldn't have made so many impulse buys but you live and you learn. I happen to think that I threw up an amazing deal to the UUers... I guess no one else thought so. No big deal.

I thought the price was awesome. I almost sent you a message but I am saving up for a special uke purchase from a UUer.
I tried to sell a uke this summer for 1/2 off. I was offered one trade and a low ball offer ($150 less than I was asking).
Maui Music Ukes are always on my short list for ukes I want to buy. One day.

I have to say- I love Peter Lieberman's work, and check the board pretty frequently, and I missed the original post altogether. Things get pushed down so quickly on the marketplace that I don't consider an occasional bump to be spam at all. You have some fantastic ukes there, soupking. In particular- good move ordering that Laughlin. I can't say enough about Tim's work!

Hey Matt. I think that Maui Music ukes just don't have the following here that some of the other high end ukes have. There just haven't been enough fanboys here to pump them up and get the reputation that they deserve.

I just love mine. Peter makes a fantastic ukulele.

Hey Matt. I think that Maui Music ukes just don't have the following here that some of the other high end ukes have. There just haven't been enough fanboys here to pump them up and get the reputation that they deserve.

I just love mine. Peter makes a fantastic ukulele.

I agree. I have owned a lot of ukes and seen them come and go, but my Maui Music is my "lifetime" uke-- just the best fit I've ever found. Nothing against the K-brands, but sometimes I think people think they are the only ukes worth buying. There are an incredible number of great instruments being made right now, both within Hawaii and elsewhere.

Thanks for all the comments, guys, and I agree about Peter's ukes: they're top notch. I'm gonna shut this down now so no one has to read any more of my incessant complaining. Haha. Bink, I sent you a pm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom