Walking Cane Ukulele

DanielHulbert

Reaction score
This might be ultimate ukulele for traveling! I built this from a single piece of bird's eye maple. The scale length is 19 inches, but I tune it like a regular reentrant uke. The under saddle piezo rod is soldered directly to a flush mount jack.

13 - 4.jpg

13 - 3.jpg

13 - 2.jpg

13 - 1 (5).jpg

I like this so much, I might fake an injury just to use it more often. :)

Idea....

Take the metal handle off, add maybe a 6-8 inch stick with a carving of a 'wood spirt' face on it, and voila, you have a ukulele walking stick!

No fake injury necessary!

That is cool! And an ideal accessory for talk like a pirate day! ;)

Perfect,now you just need an amp shaped like an oxygen unit...

Thanks. I'm working on a design that will be easier to replicate. I'm thinking of making it a 3 string dulcimer/strumstick cane. It will use a smaller initial piece of wood. I’ll also make it longer at the bottom to allow it to be trimmed to suit people of different heights.

ArCane.jpg If you like the idea of Walking stick Ukuleles I recommend you check out Nathan Sweet's ArCane Esty Site As well as making both cane and knob handled concert scale Ukulele walking sticks he also does Walking stick Tenor Guitars, 5 String Banjos Mandolins, even a Violin with a slot on the walking stick for the bow plus lots of other fun stuff and travel ukuleles

Top Bottom