Extremely pissed off!

UkEdman90

Reaction score
Please HELP!

Ok so i planned on installing my own pickup today and i wanted the jack to come out the middle in the back like Jake's ya no. well i began to drill and noticed that there was a block of wood back there! so now i have a 3/8 hole in the back of my uke and the 1/4 female jack wont work! WHAT CAN I DO! I have no idea how i can widen it from the inside so WTF! oh yeah by the way its a kala ka-sc. PLEASE HELP ME!

im going to buy a wood dowel that i will put in the hole to fill it then relocate where im going to put the jack! thats the only way i can do something about it. the little hole doesn't effect the sound quality i checked. im going to place a cool little sticker over the FUCKED UP area!

ok so the cheap little pickup upgrade is no biggie right. i installed on on my friends lanikai three days ago and today i started doing mine. well everything is prepped, i drill the hole for the jack right in the middle of the back like Jake's is ya no. well there was a block of wood back there that i totally jizzed up and drilled all the way through that thinking the jack would fit! well it doesn't now i have a fuckn hole in the back of my uke! i thought about buying a wooden dowel and shoving that in there with some glue then covering it up with a bad ass sticker. wut do you guys think?

sry for the f word my friends a little irritated.

Not quite clear on your information. What kind of pick up are you installing? Maybe showing you what I do may help with your problem. The picture is of a MiSi pickup that will be mounted in a tenor uke. The diameter of the hole that I've drilled is 15/32" and yes, it is drilled through the tailblock as well. It is mounted through the inside of the uke via the sound hole and fished through the tailblock hole using a 1/4" dowel (after your soldering connections for your pickup element are done). The part of the jack that actually protrudes from the uke is only 11/16" and this is where the endpin nut is attached.
Hope this helps

Uk, stress less dude. Just buy a longer jack that will make it through that wood block. All ukes and guitars have that block there. These jacks are quite avaliable. No big deal. I did the same thing years ago not knowing that they make special enclosed, longer jacks just for this reason...e.lo..

Ok so i planned on installing my own pickup today and i wanted the jack to come out the middle in the back like Jake's ya no. well i began to drill and noticed that there was a block of wood back there! so now i have a 3/8 hole in the back of my uke and the 1/4 female jack wont work! WHAT CAN I DO! I have no idea how i can widen it from the inside so WTF! oh yeah by the way its a kala ka-sc. PLEASE HELP ME!
Uk, if you didn't catch my other reply..

Uk, stress less dude. Just buy a longer jack that will make it through that wood block. All ukes and guitars have that block there. These jacks are quite avaliable. No big deal. I did the same thing years ago not knowing that they make special enclosed, longer jacks just for this reason...e.lo..

u know where i can buy one?

totally resolved! im off to the music store! to bad its gona cost me 15 bux! ouch!

Last edited:
I gotcha yall! phew thx thou! im gona run out to my local music store to c if they have one

Sorry to hear about that, Don. I've certainly made my share of mistakes working on my own stuff. There are several good wood fillers on the market. They can be sanded and drilled after they harden. I like plastic wood, as I've used it often. Your local home depot will carry this. They also have pre-stained wood fillers that will closely match the finish on your uke. Elmers makes a wood filler too, but I have no personal experience using it. One special note - after you open the can of plastic wood, use it and reseal the can - store the can UPSIDE DOWN! It says this on the can. If you don't, the rest of the Plastic Wood will harden in the can. Ric

u know where i can buy one?

totally resolved! im off to the music store! to bad its gona cost me 15 bux! ouch!
Uk, $15 sounds high. I'm thinking 7 or 8 bucks at, maybe, radioshack? Music Store tends to be convenient but pricey on these side items...e.lo...just a thought..

What are you buying, Don? Is it an end pin jack that holds a strap, too? Ric

yup! radioshack had one without a strap but i wanted one with one. i have always wanted a strap since i cant play standing up! haha

So much for the video? LOL

hey everyone what size hole do i need to drill for this trype of jack? I opened the hole larger to 7/16 but the jack wont slide in smoothley i have to screw it in

I use a 64 piece drillbit set and just keep using one size larger until it fits snugly, Don. Try a 15/32 next, then a 1/2 if that does not work. Don't get frustrated. Take your time on the video, too. No need to rush. Ric

I use a 64 piece drillbit set and just keep using one size larger until it fits snugly, Don. Try a 15/32 next, then a 1/2 if that does not work. Don't get frustrated. Take your time on the video, too. No need to rush. Ric

yeah gona do the vid on monday when i get a battery for my camera!

Top Bottom