NUD Boat Paddle 12 Fret

mkatz

Reaction score
I just received a mahogany/spruce Boat Paddle 12 Fret concert uke from the Flea Market Music Marketplace and wow, am I impressed. It arrived with D'Addario Nyltech strings which I did not care for so I put a set of Oasis Clear Low G on and it was much more to my liking. It is very light, well balanced, loud with a nice full tone and good sustain. The intonation is perfect all the way up the neck and the craftsmanship is excellent.

After doing a little research online, it turns out this particular uke was owned previously by Doc_J and prior to that by d-mace. It seems we have a "catch and release" program going on of which I am certainly a member.

Mitch
attachment.jpgattachment-1.jpgattachment-6.jpgattachment-7.jpg

I am waiting to catch my own Boat Paddle 12 fret that I purchased here in the marketplace. It's walnut/cedar. It will be my second uke and I am really looking forward to trying one too.

I just received a mahogany/spruce Boat Paddle 12 Fret concert uke from the Flea Market Music Marketplace and wow, am I impressed. It arrived with D'Addario Nyltech strings which I did not care for so I put a set of Oasis Clear Low G on and it was much more to my liking. It is very light, well balanced, loud with a nice full tone and good sustain. The intonation is perfect all the way up the neck and the craftsmanship is excellent.

After doing a little research online, it turns out this particular uke was owned previously by Doc_J and prior to that by d-mace. It seems we have a "catch and release" program going on of which I am certainly a member.

Mitch
View attachment 59857View attachment 59858View attachment 59859View attachment 59860

Mitch, glad to see you liked that 12 Fret Boat Paddle. I thought that had particularly nice tone. I'll bet it does sound even better in low G. Jerry really makes some wonder ukes, very innovative. I've had a few Boat Paddles and they all were outstanding players, well crafted but plain. The 12-Fret model is the lightest of his designs I have seen.

Yep, "catch and release" is good description. I'm going to have to catch another Boat Paddle, after I release a few others first. :) .

Top Bottom