Shipping to Italy??? Help!!

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Denis from Italy made me an offer on my tenor uke...anyone have any advice for shipping? How can I estimate the cost?
Thanks.

Ship it usps priority mail international with insurance, after it is boxed & well packed go to usps.com and enter all info for a price. Use a box that will protect it well in transit but at the same time do not over kill because an oversized package can cost.

I just USPS to send a uke to Italy. No problems at all. In fact, the tracking system now sends you an email when the package 1)clears Italian customs and 2)is delivered to the recipient's address in Italy. Slick.

I've sold three ukes overseas. It's no problem at all. Only one extra paper to fill out.

Pack it for shipping Priority Mail International. Take it to the post office for weighing and get the cost of shipping plus insurance. Take a customs form home to fill out. Tell your buyer the exact cost of shipping to add to the uke cost. When that is transferred, ship it. Be sure to mark on the customs form that the value is $X, but it is a GIFT. It might save the buyer $90 in customs.

Get your wallet out! Hope it's heavy! Haha. Good luck! Eek!

I think falsifying a customs form is a federal offence and if caught I heard it can be 3k -10k fine and or possible jail time in the US (for the seller) if money changes hands so I would think about doing that :D I just read this before, I never heard it happening to anyone.
I've sold three ukes overseas. It's no problem at all. Only one extra paper to fill out.

Pack it for shipping Priority Mail International. Take it to the post office for weighing and get the cost of shipping plus insurance. Take a customs form home to fill out. Tell your buyer the exact cost of shipping to add to the uke cost. When that is transferred, ship it. Be sure to mark on the customs form that the value is $X, but it is a GIFT. It might save the buyer $90 in customs.

If you go online to use USPS Priority or Express, you can complete all the Customs forms and pay for postage from your computer.
Sent ukes and other items to Canada, Ireland, and Australia it was very easy. You should insure it too.

In the past, I've done a separate customs form but on the recent shipment to Italy, I needed only the mailing label, which includes the data needed for customs.

Use the USPS website to estimate the cost and to pay for and print your mailing label. This will save you a few bucks and some time at the PO. You do need to hand the package to a clerk to check it over but if you already have a paid and printed mailing label, they just drop it in a clear, plastic sleeve, stick it to the box and you're good to go.

Easy peasy. Shipped 2 ukes to Japan and Canada in the past week. Definitely use the USPS website. You'll need a scale and a tape measure to gather all the details and get pricing. Usually costs $45-100 dollars depending on weight, dimensions of box speed and the amount of insurance. USPS website usually has a discount over the PO price.

Top Bottom