Ukulele Chords

tomzilla

Reaction score
Yo all,
Just wondering is there like a word document which has a number of pictured chords on it so i can learn some of them. ive seen chord pictures on some tabs but i was wondering if there are any all on one page.

Tomzilla

Also i have a guitar tuner with a mic and was wondering if i could use that to tune my uke, if so how.

Yo all,
Just wondering is there like a word document which has a number of pictured chords on it so i can learn some of them. ive seen chord pictures on some tabs but i was wondering if there are any all on one page.

Tomzilla

The attached should be sufficient for all your chord needs.

chart1.jpg

chart2.jpg

ChordChart-C.gif

Attachments

• chart1.jpg
    chart1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7
what Davoomac posted is what you want. there are ukulele chord chart books on eBay and also, google is your best friend, internet wise. :D

this may be a silly question but are all the chords shown played from the nut down, if you understand what im trying to say.

this may be a silly question but are all the chords shown played from the nut down, if you understand what im trying to say.

yes, when there is a bold like next to the fret, thats from the nut down. hopefully you understood.

but usually it will say like 4th fret or something to notify you that its not at either the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd fret that you play the chord.

Yeah it is played from the nut down.

Maybe this C Chord diagram will help those who may not have seen that kind of chord chart:
Strings in order from left to right is GCEA:
GCEA
| | | |
| | | |
| | | o
C CHORD
This is setup just like in the chord chart.

Last edited:
guitars are tuned to EADGBE. ukes are generally GCEA. so you have the G and the E in common. you can use your tuner to tune those strings and then tune the other strings to them.

C string 4th fret = E string
E string 5th fret = A string
G string 2nd fret = A string
E string 3rd fret = G string

Don't forget to check out

http://www.kauairainbow.com/

for some great info on chords and how they're made. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of finding chords. Go to the "ukulele" link at the bottom of the page.

Top Bottom