"Honey I shrunk our kid's electric guitar"

Gee thanks! Did I get it right that your complement mean a positive yes (or like) as a judge?
My wife tweaked my nose when she first saw it; while my son sported a smiling angry bird until now.

It looks fantastic!

A totally "off the hook" cool project. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice work on the body!

Interesting that this comes up. I was just thinking about a similar project, although nothing nearly as extensive. The local thrift shop has a couple of "First Act" kids' electric guitars with what looks like some sort of speaker where a sound hole would be, and I was thinking they could be adapted to a 4-string baritone set up by simply replacing the bridge and nut.

It looks like you switched necks; what neck did you use for your project?

My "Clinic's" patient is a standard McSmith, no switching done but used the same original neck. What was change was the length of the neck. Had to cut the first four fret in order not to violate StewMc's rule of thumb and simulate a typical Uke Baritone measurement.

Go for it, don't procrastinate lots of fun to tinker and have a hands-on experience. Got to learn Uke physics and science of string instrument; cut and bled several times but somehow the blood stained wood seemed to inject life on my babies just like Pinocchio. . . . . ha ha ha . . .

Top Bottom