PDA

View Full Version : Early Kamaka Pineapple - 1928 Label

Tommy B
10-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone. I'm selling off my ukes that don't get played to offset a large, unexpected veterinary bill. This is an early Kamaka pineapple bearing the 1928 dated label. It does not have the pineapple decal on the soundboard, and I don't see any indication that there ever was one.

For more photos, please see this album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157636599928563/

This uke is a fine player and has a lovely tone, but it is in as-found, unrestored condition. It has the following issues:

One of the tuning pegs does not match.
There is an open crack on the back. It closes up nicely and should be an easy repair.
There is some sinking in the soundboard, causing the bridge to tilt lower at the bass end. As a result, the action at the G string is slightly lower than at the A string. The uke is still playable, and I think the action is fine on all strings. I've photographed the action at both the G and A strings. Please see the photo album.

This is a sweet and iconic ukulele. Sorry, I don't have a case for this, but I will double-box it for safe transport. Please PM me or email me directly at eightpaws-at-sbcglobal-dot-net with questions.

Thanks,
Tom

Tommy B
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
And it's sold. thanks everyone.