Early Kamaka Pineapple - 1928 Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm selling off my ukes that don't get played to offset a large, unexpected veterinary bill. This is an early Kamaka pineapple bearing the 1928 dated label. It does not have the pineapple decal on the soundboard, and I don't see any indication that there ever was one.

DSC_0017.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0029.jpg

For more photos, please see this album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157636599928563/

This uke is a fine player and has a lovely tone, but it is in as-found, unrestored condition. It has the following issues:

• One of the tuning pegs does not match.
  • There is an open crack on the back. It closes up nicely and should be an easy repair.
  • There is some sinking in the soundboard, causing the bridge to tilt lower at the bass end. As a result, the action at the G string is slightly lower than at the A string. The uke is still playable, and I think the action is fine on all strings. I've photographed the action at both the G and A strings. Please see the photo album.

This is a sweet and iconic ukulele. Sorry, I don't have a case for this, but I will double-box it for safe transport. Please PM me or email me directly at eightpaws-at-sbcglobal-dot-net with questions.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom