One Man's Junk...

Thanks for posting this

Amazing the things that pop up at Goodwill. The uke looks like it's in pretty rough shape, and not sure how one would go about restoring something like that without making it worse. Be interesting to see what the final price is.

I think this was on their site a week or two ago with a bid of $1300 on it. The bidder must have backed out.

Talk about a labor of love. That one would take more patience and money that I have!

I think that's a tenor banjo, not a banjo uke, but as TCK could tell ya, you can restring them and come off with a baritone banjo uke pretty easily.

Tanks KD - wouldn't a tenor banjo have longer frets? It was the size of the frets that made me think it was a uke?

Oh yes - the strings did look metal, didn't they?

RP

There were about 6 ukes for sale there too! ;)

Damn someone spilled the beans on my favorite bargain uke source! I just got my first baritone from there. I've seen a few decent banjo ukes pass through recently but none in my area. I like to buy locally through the site, because you can make an appointment and view the instrument before bidding on it. I've bought a few guitars that way as well. In fact I gave a Ventura V35 I picked up and plan to restore as soon as my UAS subsides or at least slows! I've been watching that Gibson uke with some interest. Purely as a spectator unfortunately.

I wonder if the eventual buyer is going to restore it or just leave it as-is.

Top Bottom