Just bought a sopranino... :-)

NatalieS

Reaction score
First off... my apologies to MGM. I was going to buy one of these new from him, but I'm also on a really tight budget and will be til I graduate. :eek: I'll buy again from you soon MGM, I promise!

I got this little guy, a Tangi Manini, used in "like new" condition on ebay for $96 total. I love love love the inlay fish on the headstock. Plus she's solid mahogany! I can't wait for it to arrive!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tangi-Manini-Uk...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

First off... my apologies to MGM. I was going to buy one of these new from him, but I'm also on a really tight budget and will be til I graduate. :eek: I'll buy again from you soon MGM, I promise!

I got this little guy, a Tangi Manini, used in "like new" condition on ebay for $96 total. I love love love the inlay fish on the headstock. Plus she's solid mahogany! I can't wait for it to arrive!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tangi-Manini-Uk...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Sweet!

I love my Manini, have fun with it!!

Hey jumpingflea, I have you to credit for this purchase! Thanks again for sharing pics and soundclip of yours. It helped me make up my mind. :)

Nice buy. It's going to be a collectors item soon since Tangi is out of business now.

Unfortunately, you don't live in Hawaii, so you couldn't have known about these deals, but Tangi is clearing out his ukes locally now at ridiculous prices. I would have bought a 4 string mahogany tenor and an 8 string two hole tenor from him, since these are rock bottom prices, and if I got tired of them, I could just sell them on ebay, but I decided against it since I'd probably end up keeping them. XD.

On MGM's ebay site, he recommends tuning it to F, but in an email he said at least as high as D. There are just a couple youtube clips of the Manini, but it's got such a unique high voice that really reminds me of old 1930s type music reminiscent of Ukulele Ike.

Nice buy. It's going to be a collectors item soon since Tangi is out of business now.

Unfortunately, you don't live in Hawaii, so you couldn't have known about these deals, but Tangi is clearing out his ukes locally now at ridiculous prices. I would have bought a 4 string mahogany tenor and an 8 string two hole tenor from him, since these are rock bottom prices, and if I got tired of them, I could just sell them on ebay, but I decided against it since I'd probably end up keeping them. XD.

You should go for it and get at least one of them! All of you in Hawaii get some pretty amazing deals. :music:

You should go for it and get at least one of them! All of you in Hawaii get some pretty amazing deals. :music:

Everything he is clearing out now is being offered for 33% to 66% of retail prices. But alas, I have far too many ukes as it is, and the risk of me being lazy or simply unwilling to part with them, is too great. Haha, but I know that I'll keep buying ukes, since they hold their value anyway. Assets that don't just sit in a drawer like gold.

High end musical instruments and guns and knives. Three wonderful things that you can have fun with, depreciate very little. and sometimes may even increase in value.

Top Bottom