Love my UU hoodie

jjsdad

Reaction score
I was wearing my favorite UU brown hoodie the other night to an after work happy hour and one of my co-workers (his name is Mr. B) asked if I play ukulele. Well, I thought everyone at work knew that I'm into the ukulele, but I guess I missed a few. So, I told him about ukuleleunderground.com and then he started talking about how he has a recording of a friend of his, Jason (mumble some lastname beginning with the letter M...), playing the ukulele and how nice it sounds and how the ukulele is getting real popular. Then, he started talking more about his friend and how they met in San Diego after his friend got off stage, etc.. hm... wait a minute...

Me: "Who's your friend again?"
Mr. B: "Jason M-mumble" (can't hear due to the noise in the restaurant)
Me: "Jason who?"
Mr. B: Jason Mraz!

Oh, *that* Jason!

So, Mr. B, who just recently had a heart attack, told me some really nice stores about how Jason sent him flowers and how his manager called him to see if he was ok and some other stories which unfortunately I had too many beers (ok, just one is too many for me) to recall. But, Jason sounds like a really nice guy.

So, Jason, if you happen to be reading this, Mr. B says "Hi" and thanks you so much for the flowers. Mr. B survived and is back to work alive and kicking!

And if it wasn't for my UU hoodie, this whole conversation wouldn't have taken place. I just had to share this with someone. Thanks for listening!

I know I've said it at least once, but man, I gotta get something with "ukulele underground" on it.

I love my UU hoodie in heather gray! I don't remember seeing brown when I bought mine (though I bought the UU tshirt in brown). Is the hoodie a dark brown or a light brown? I might have to get one in brown...

Same here...
I think I'm going to write Ukulele Underground on a shirt or something.
That'll be coooooool!

I printed the logo, laminated it, and put it on my binder, on my planner, in my locker, like, everywhere. My phone wallpaper mis the Sir chunks-a-lot thing. I wrote it on my DS with a sharpie; any more ideas? omagahd i sound obsessed hehe

I think I've sickened my friends with the logo.....:uhoh:

Ive got one sticker, and I dont know where to put it :/ Id put it on my case, but I dont have a hardshell for my Tenor.

(anybody want to donate one? :D)

Ive got one sticker, and I dont know where to put it :/ Id put it on my case, but I dont have a hardshell for my Tenor.

(anybody want to donate one? :D)

Wish i could, but I could barely buy my case for 15 bucks.

On that door you open when you put gas in? How big is it...?(I don't know what it's called hehe. I'll have to wait 6 more years to drive....sooo...)

Just put it somewhere people will see it haha

lol driving a car in New York. Funny.

Insurance for me would be about 5-6k a year. I dont drive. I could put it up somewhere on my hockey equipment, but I pride myself in keeping my hockey stuff new and shiny looking, so thats out. My drums will not dear stickers, when you have a 10k$ custom set, you dont want to sticker it, I also wont put stickers on any of my other instruments.

I dunno, It may sit in my room un-stuck for a while :p

(I may try my hand at making a case however, Ive been wanting to make a rectangle hard case out of wood.)

That's awesome Jeremy! Magic happens when I wear mine too. Love the story.

Very cool.

-Heather

I have my UU sticker on my Lap Top. That and My Flea Market Music "Uke can Save The World" Sticker too.

Just Started back to College after 20 years... Hoping the stickers may start a conversation or two.

JT

lol driving a car in New York. Funny.

Is it? o_O
As far as I know, tons of people are driving in New York :D
The farthest I've traveled is from Honolulu to Kaumakani, so......yeah.

(I may try my hand at making a case however, Ive been wanting to make a rectangle hard case out of wood.)

I wouldn't use wood. Besides, those hard cases are basically some sort of cardboard covered in vinyl (with the fuzzy orange stuff in it :D) They aren't that hard, and you can totally cover the whole darn thing in stickers. I seen some that aren't even distinguishably black because there are so many stickers.

Nuh, what I want to do is make a box out of wood, stain it, bind the edges in metal. For the inside, Ive got high density foam (the hard stuff) make a form, and upholster some purple or red velvet around it for the lining. Get a few hinges and a handle and Im pretty much done. My dad owns an upholstery shop, so the upholstery part is easy (the inner). What I do need is to get out to my local lumberyard and score me either some Oak or Maple.

Same here...
I think I'm going to write Ukulele Underground on a shirt or something.
That'll be coooooool!

UH, Better check with Ryan and the other mods, that might be copyright infringement!! Haha!! I love my brown T too!! Great story! I finallly put my sticker on the back of my car, I feel so underground!!

Nuh, what I want to do is make a box out of wood, stain it, bind the edges in metal. For the inside, Ive got high density foam (the hard stuff) make a form, and upholster some purple or red velvet around it for the lining. Get a few hinges and a handle and Im pretty much done. My dad owns an upholstery shop, so the upholstery part is easy (the inner). What I do need is to get out to my local lumberyard and score me either some Oak or Maple.

You don't really wanna build a box out of oak, you would have a hard time carrying it... That box would be way heavier than your Uke and that's never good. I would always try to go for a stable but lightweight case

wow, i wish my hoodie could do magic like that haha. mine keeps me nice and warm when it's cold (cold here in hawaii is below 70 degrees lol)

Top Bottom