T-Shirt Idea

How about [ 'Trust' the Force, Uke ] :)

Do you know how much they charge for one-offs?

keep uke'in',

Depends on the style of shirt, looks like $27-32 for a man's custom T-shirt. Cheaper of you buy more than one. Might could get a cheaper grade, I've bought shirts from 'em for $18, but I'm not sure if that's some special deal.

Steve

I want one! Star Wars nut and frequent Disneyland often so this would be a hit for me.

Great idea! The force is strung within you...

I always liked, "Uke, I am your father"

For what it's worth, this is from scifi.about.com

Famous movie quotes get repeated so often that, through a process of cultural telephone, they often become altered and misremembered. Often, it's the Star Wars misquotes, not the quotes themselves, that become ingrained in popular culture. As a result, at least three of the most famous Star Wars movie quotes are actually not what you think....

"Luke, I am your father."

This is probably the most famous quote in all the Star Wars films -- that iconic moment when Vader reveals the truth about his history. Right?

Actually, the exchange goes like this:

Darth Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke Skywalker: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
Darth Vader: No. I am your father.

"Luke" probably snuck into the real quote because, taken out of context, "No, I am your father" is not that impactful or recognizable. "Luke, I am your father," on the other hand, is immediately obvious as a line from Star Wars (even if you're not doing the voice, though this line is usually quoted because people want to try out their impersonation of Darth Vader). As a result, the "Luke" version become one of the most memorable movie misquotes of all time.

The misquote has even made it into Star Wars canon. In the radio drama adaptation of The Empire Strikes Back, Vader says, "No, Luke. I am your father," and in Jedi Search by Kevin J. Anderson (1994), Luke remembers Vader saying, "Luke, I am your father." Try using that as your defense the next time you're caught misquoting the line.

Been needing some new T-shirts, and of course, since Cafe Press will do these based on your design, I came up with one I'd wear ...

View attachment 59955

Whaddya think?

Steve

not a bad idea but the design and i really don't mean to offend you in anyway isn't that great.
As a graphic design grad I think there are a few things that could be better especially the font
but the idea is cool. Try to work out a few design mock ups maybe 5 or so and see what people
think of each one and pick the best using this concept. You don't have to take my advice just
offering my 2 cents its not bad just needs little cleaner look i think.

Comic Sans font? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!

No!

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Probably my favourite scene from the movie.

luke.jpg

Probably my favourite scene from the movie.

luke.jpg

Alright mate?.....nice picture...:D

I went to Keswick and Derwentwater for my break ....not a uke in sight ...apart from mine and I played it only once .....You ?

Alright mate?.....nice picture...:D

I went to Keswick and Derwentwater for my break ....not a uke in sight ...apart from mine and I played it only once .....You ?

Spent a few hours in Whitby and had a nice pub lunch at Runswick Bay. Apart from that, not a lot really. Bit of guitar, bit of uke.

Depends on the style of shirt, looks like $27-32 for a man's custom T-shirt. Cheaper of you buy more than one. Might could get a cheaper grade, I've bought shirts from 'em for $18, but I'm not sure if that's some special deal.

Steve

If you design the shirt yourself you get the shirt for "cost" which of course is way marked up but anyway its cheaper, then you decide how much to mark it up in your cafe press shop. So to find out their base cost just create a store (even if you don't ever put anything in it, you get to see the base price). So people don't add anything onto the price so they don't make any money but people can buy the shirt/item. Just make 100% sure the idea is unique and not copy written.

Top Bottom