FS: Black Bear Concert Uke, Spruce/Peach.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
Price drop.

This is concert size uke made of some very nice woods for the body. I am selling this uke again for the original owner who has decided to try something else. It is in excellent condition and has been well cared for. I have checked examined this uke from top to bottom and the only small blem is on the top treble side near the binding. The depression is 3/8" long and about the width of a hair and is so slight it is does not show up or break the surface of the finish. I don't normally sell my ukes for others or offer a guarantee because it is now consider used, but I will offer a 30 day guarantee with a 2 day trial period. This uke was made in April, 2012.

The top is one piece top grade Sitka spruce that is light in weight and very even grain lines. The back, sides and head plate are very colorful local Peach tree wood that I have had for about 10 years. It makes a beautiful unique looking uke. The top and back bindings, finger board and bridge are rosewood. The top purfling and sound hole rosette are a Peach and w/b combination of wood strips. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. This Mango has nice color and some very small worm holes from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany. There are 12 frets to the body, 17 total. Frets are slightly larger than small uke frets making playing easy and smooth and the finger board has a radius. MOP dots for fret markers with white side dots. Bone nut and compensated saddle. Gold colored Grover brand friction tuners with hand-made Peach wood knobs. MOP into ebony logo inlay. Satin nitro-lacquer finish. 15" playing scale. Worth brand BM strings. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow sound with excellent highs that spruce is famous for. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more
information. Thanks for looking.

WAS - $1200 Now - $1000

Attachments

• Peach concert 2012-4-9b.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9b.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 367
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9c.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9d.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9d.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9e.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9e.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
It appears to be a tough time to try and sell a quality uke at a fair price. I am not lowering the price for several reasons but mostly because this uke is worth it. This is the last time I will bump this uke back up to the top, and from hear it will travel a different path. Thanks for looking one final time.

Top Bottom