Braddah Mark showed me a video of Jeff "Skunk" Baxter...

ricdoug

Reaction score
Vista (North County San Diego), California
jammin' on a uke at the NAMM Show this morning. I can't wait to see the whole thing on YouTube, when he uploads it! For any af y'all who iz sayin' "Who's da' Skunk", I gots two words braddah's 'n sistah's: "Doobie Brothers".

Braddah Mark and Derick Sebastion left the Pacific Arts Dance Studio and headed straight back to the NAMM Show. I'm sure Braddah Mark and Music Guy Mike will be posting about all da' new haps in da' world of uke, shortly! Ric

He was also with Steely Dan for their first three albums, Pretzel Logic being the last with Skunk on guitar. One of my favorite guitar solos of all time is his on "Rickie Don't Lose That Number".

In recent years he's been a consultant with the US military, particularly in regards to terrorism, due to his technological expertise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Baxter

Correct, Mick! I'm a big Larry Carlton fan, too. Braddah Mark tol' me da' Skunk's kids wuz tryin' ta' pry him an his big ol' smile away from da' uke unsuccessfully! LOL! Skunk's a wizard with anything with strings. Give him a stringed instrument he's never played and he'll be teachin' you how to play it in 5 minutes! Haha! I've been a Jeff Baxter fan for years. Yngwie Malmsteen was at the show, too. Ric

Ha, somehow I just don't see Yngwie getting to cozy with the ukulele.

No doubt, Dom. In the photo Braddah Mark showed me of Yngvie it appeared everybody around was doin' da' "we're not worthy!" bow. Da' Skunk wuz jammin' uke with da' braddah's, though. Mark will probably be posting photos and news from the show this week. Ric

Top Bottom