does anyone make a clip on tuner specifically for baritone ukulele?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
My hola clip on has a guitar tuner on it too which i can use to tune to dgbe but it would be nice if i could get a specific baritone tuner does anyone know if anyone makes them?

I always use a chromatic tuner... I think most people do. Snark is my favorite brand as they are inexpensive and very accurate. When I need major accuracy, I go to Peterson Strobe... but they are expensive. I keep a Snark in every case.

I always use a chromatic tuner... I think most people do. Snark is my favorite brand as they are inexpensive and very accurate. When I need major accuracy, I go to Peterson Strobe... but they are expensive. I keep a Snark in every case.

thanks for the tip! i actually did find korg makes a tuner with standard (gcea and baritone dgbe tuning) on them.
so i may go for this in time, for now ill just use the chromatic feature on my hola clip on.

thanks for the tip! i actually did find korg makes a tuner with standard (gcea and baritone dgbe tuning) on them.
so i may go for this in time, for now ill just use the chromatic feature on my hola clip on.
Pretty much any of the chromatic stringed instrument tuners, Snark, and........others, will tune most if not all stringed instruments, including a baritone uke. Only size makes most of them uke tuners and it doesn't matter what tuning. The Shark SN-6 is "optimized" for the ukulele, but will tune all other stringed instruments as well. My Snark SN-2 seems to work as well at my SN-6.

I just use a chromatic tuner, Snark etc. They work perfectly for me.
Cheers
Gary

Why do you think you need something specifically for s baritone? The little $10.00 chromatic tuner I sell tunes my baritone to a low dgbe, or gcea or cgce just fine. It also tunes my Asbory bass ukulele, or my Eddy Finn wood bass just fine. I also get an accurate tuning what I tune cgce. I can understand your frustration if you have a less expensive GCEA only tuner.

Not really sure how a "baritone ukulele" specific tuner will be useful or different in any way to any clip-on tuner available..
In fact, the idea itself is redundant.

If you have a tuner set to tune "Guitar" - it will read the Baritone ukulele's strings as 4th (D), 3rd (G), 2nd (B) and 1st (E).
So a guitar tuner is already a baritone ukulele tuner...
If tuners had a conscience, as far as it is concerned, a baritone ukulele is just a guitar lacking a 5th and 6th string.

That being said, I always just use my tuners as Chromatic. I prefer to read my strings as individual notes than as numbers

Last edited:
Top Bottom