Uke Blues Book

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Been enjoying the warm california weather at NAMM for the past few days,(it was fifteen below when we left Indiana Friday morning). I had a chance to talk to good ol' Jim Beloff who can be credited with helping restart the current ukulele craze.He has a new Blues Ukulele book that looked really nice,it has some good tunes and is set up so you can follow the songs strumming or picking.I think it is the first and only Blues ukulele book so far.

Another Blues Ukulele ebook

There is also this ebook download (for a fee) at howtoplayukulele.com

http://howtoplayukulele.com/how-to-play-blues-ukulele/

Has anyone downloaded this ebook? Is it worthwhile? Sounds great.

I am intrigued that there is so many ukulele blues posts lately. Has blues on ukulele always been popular, or is this a new trend?

Personally I feel tremendous gratitude to Ken Middleton and Pete Howlett for posting such great instructional videos on the blues and related genres. I think I spent about 5 hours over the weekend working on "I got a gal..."

There is also this ebook download (for a fee) at howtoplayukulele.com

http://howtoplayukulele.com/how-to-play-blues-ukulele/

Has anyone downloaded this ebook? Is it worthwhile? Sounds great.

I am intrigued that there is so many ukulele blues posts lately. Has blues on ukulele always been popular, or is this a new trend?

Personally I feel tremendous gratitude to Ken Middleton and Pete Howlett for posting such great instructional videos on the blues and related genres. I think I spent about 5 hours over the weekend working on "I got a gal..."

That e-book is Woodshed's (keeper of all that is wonderful at ukulelehunt.com)

I have his Christmas book, which is excellent, I can't see the blues book being anything less than great.
--Nut

I got the blues and the ragtime ebooks from ukulelehunt for Christmas. They're quite a challenge for me - I've been playing for barely a year - but very informative, with playing tips, tabs and mp3s as well as sound samples to illustrate each point made in the text. Plenty to dip into, learn from and return to.

I also like Del Ray's Blue Uke DVD which I'm slowly working my way through and would recommend this along with any of Woodshed's things.

I have Woodshed's How To Play Blues Uke and it is a righteous instructional. Its easy to follow, understand, yet challenging enough to keep me interested.

There's also:
A GUIDE TO BLUES CHORD PROGRESSIONS FOR UKULELE FROM A TO Z by Curt Sheller. (Its on Elderly.com for $17)

And OF COURSE:
Learn to play Blues Ukulele with Rigk Sauer (DVD)

I'm coming in late here, but I can also recommend Woodshed's blues book.

I've been playing for three years and this book was exactly the kind of challenge I needed to push forward.

I prefer Al's books to Jim's in general- but that might be about song selection. That, and I dig Al's sense of humor. And, he's awesome about answering questions, even the really stupid questions I sometimes have:).

Top Bottom