ISO: Gibson UB1 or UB2

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey Uke friends. I'm in search of a Gibson UB1 or UB2. One has been on my bucket list for years, and I think I've waited long enough. Anybody have one they don't play? I'm in the market.

Hi! Well - a UB2 is the one of choice, for sure...... the UB1 or "Baby Gibson" is small and the UB2 is professional quality. I have one, I know lots of people who have them, and we ALL love them to bits! The two websites where you're most likely to find them are John Croft "The Ukulele Man" and Andy Eastwood's website. Keep an eye on those! On Andy's website, the Eric Beharrel UB2 copy is considered to be very good! Happy hunting!

I'd like a UB1 someday, too. I have played a couple, and they are TINY. Shorter and narrower than a normal soprano, although I don't have the actual dimensions. I was at a ukulele gathering in Chicago a couple of years ago, and one of the women there let me play hers. I let her play my Gibson Uke 3 (top of the line Gibson soprano "normal" ukulele). The UB1 was very noticeably smaller-necked. I've never played a UB2, but I understand they are closer to a concert scale, if not actually that size.

Somebody PMed me a couple weeks ago that had a Gibson. I can't remember who it was. Sorry I had not responded. There was a young family that was going through alot of financial issues which we all know is even more stressful this time of year. I gave them the money I had saved up for the Gibson. Just felt they needed a leg up more than I needed a UB. Sorry about that. If/when I get saved up again, I'll post again and if you still have yours, I'd certainly love to try again. Thanks, and God Bless.

Top Bottom