NUD: Kanile'a K-1 Tenor -- String Suggestions?

BigMamaJ40

Reaction score
I left work on Friday feeling miserable, with a worsening cold and my asthma starting to flame up. My only goal was to get home and slink off to bed.

When I arrived at home, I was greeted by an all-but-new Kanile'a K-1 Tenor ukulele, the premium model with luscious, 3-D curly koa and a lovely UV finish. What a delight! When I am feeling a bit better, I will take a few pictures and provide a review.

But, for now, I have the usual question: what strings do you other Kanile'a owners recommend? It is currently strung with d'Addario Pro Artes, high-G. Nice and smooth, but the "C" string pulls out of tune too easily. I'd like to change to low-G. Thoughts?

image.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new uke, I look forward to pics. I have tried a number of string options on my Kanilea and my favorite are the Living Water low g tenor strings. They have a nice clarity and volume.

I have a Super Tenor and liked the re-entrant Living Waters I had, and the Oasis I put on bait more. I have a set of linear Savarez I will be putting on this week to see if hat irks out better.

Top Bottom