Help with chords in order

Alainatheangel

Reaction score
I have been memorizing my first ukulele chords. So far I am familiar with:
C,F,A,G7,E7
My problem is I can't tell which is lowest and which is highest. Obviously the ukulele is my first instrument I've ever played. I love to strum on it but want to be able to put these chords in order so I can free play.
PLEASE HELP.
Gracias!!!!

Thanks for the plug Kayak Jim!

Please freely use the resources on ( ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com ) :)

keep uke'in',

Well, this is a complicated question, but it all depends on what key you're playing. And these chords don't fit into a single key because there are no minor chords in that list. Also, what do you mean by highest to lowest, is that in terms of tone?

The closest key would be C Major, since C and F are major chords in that key. Make the A an A minor and it would fit in that key. And a typical chord progression in pop music would be I, V, Vi, iV, the one, fifth, sixth, then fourth chord. Translated to English, this means you play, in order: C, G7, Am, F.

Typically in C, you would use G Major instead of G7. Someone more knowledgeable than me can tell you if you can substitute those chords for each other. Hell, I don't see why not? Rules are made to be broken, yes?

"A minor" is an easy chord to learn because it's just one finger, on the second fret of the G string. G Major is easy, too, it's just the reverse of G7, really.

The chords that are closest to the nut are the lowest in pitch and those closer to the bridge are highest in pitch. On a soprano ukulele each chord has 4 positions.

Top Bottom