What do I have?

Boda

Reaction score
I'm new here. Can anyone help me identify this ukulele. I don't really know what I have here. Sorry the pictures aren't that good. If anyone needs, I can try to take some better ones. Thanks.
PICT6948.jpgPICT6949.jpgPICT6950.jpgPICT6951.jpgPICT6952.jpg

Hi Boda. What you have there is Nice Vintage Martin 1C concert uke 40´s made.

Are you selling it?
I´m sending you a PM

Looks like a Kala Mahogany Baritone to me. Don't worry about why it says Martin on the headstock and why there are only 12 frets.

Congratulations! You've got a quite valuable Martin concert ukulele. These are quite rare.

1942-45 wartime Martin style 1 concert. (decal + wooden pegs, marker on 10th fret) Is the binding tortoise-shell style celluloid (plastic) or is it wood?
I think.

I'm sure the folks saying they will take that pice of junk off your hands are just being silly. I'd be curious to know what it is and what the estimated value is myself, just for fun. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I can steer you in the right direction.

That number may indicate it originally belonged to a school/band/orchestra.....take your pick. It appears in beautiful shape. They often sell for a few hundred more than the equivalent model sopranos.

I'm sure the folks saying they will take that pice of junk off your hands are just being silly. I'd be curious to know what it is and what the estimated value is myself, just for fun. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I can steer you in the right direction.
These run just over $1000 depending on condition.

Thanks for the info everyone! Much more info than I had trying to Google it. Always a good idea to go to the people who know! ;-)

Top Bottom