Homemade Uke Hanger/Shelf

mr79

Reaction score
Hey up,
Just a quickie - when I ended up with two ukulele I made myself a hanger out of old pallet wood (it was the only wood I had spare!), and thought you all might appreciate it here (my non-ukulele friends have been non-ukulele-plussed by it). It's made from two planks with triangle end braces, the bottom plank has two U-shapes cut out of it, which leaves handy shelf space for me tuner, spare strings, nail files etc... not the prettiest thing, but it helps keep the kids from crushing my Brukos (which sounds more painful than I meant).

1-IMG_1120.jpg

Don't get to the thrift stores as much as I used to, but a few years back, I'd see lots of shelves like that-

got a jig saw?

Thanks for your compliments! Hucklele - no, no jig saw, I just cut four straight lines into the base plank in pairs, then joined each pair up flat with a chisel and rounded them out with a file (would have been less work with a jigsaw!).

mm stan - each U-shaped cut out is filed to an angle where the head rests (like this: \ / ) and then each has a strip of fake leather backed with a strip of foam glued around the lip to stop the edges of the shelf digging into the head of the ukes... and in my dreams I've extended the shelf right around the room with a ukulele hanging every foot or so!

Top Bottom