WTB Pono or Mainland

gman820

Reaction score
Hi all, I posted not long ago looking for a midrange concert, but for whatever reason wasn't able to pull the trigger on anything. I am looking for a pono or mainland concert. I could maybe go for a tenor. I have heard so much good stuff about the pono and mainland that I gotta get my hands on one. I am especially interested in a mainland without the rope purfing as I'm not a huge fan of that aspect. Thanks!

These two ukes have very different tonal characteristics. Here are some comparisons for you to consider before making a choice.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea....20.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.Nx7XxAimJ3M

I'm looking at the same. Will male a drive to San Jose hopefully this week to try them side by side. So far Mainland is in the lead because I can buy local, trade in some other music equipment, get it with the pickup for less than the standard Pono, and I happen to love my Mainland soprano.
But if a Pono "speaks to me" I can be swayed. It would have to speak pretty sweetly though.

I'm thinking about selling my Pono MT (tenor) with an Uke Crazy Hard Case gig bag if either of you are interested. Bought it from MIM's about 7 months ago, is set up perfectly, and I just put on D'Addario T2 strings. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the YouTube link, I really like both of them when I hear them, different but good. That's why I figured I'd go for either or.

gman I hope you contacted A.H. He has a sweat deal. I decided to go with a new Acacia so you should be in line to jump on this one man.

Nice! And ya, I know I'm very tempted, it's just I was hoping to spend my money on a concert since I won't be able to get another for a while.

Nice! And ya, I know I'm very tempted, it's just I was hoping to spend my money on a concert since I won't be able to get another for a while.

So you want to buy something very specific but you want it pre-owned. :) That's a bit of a challenge. What about contacting Mainland to see if he has any seconds/blems, or getting on the list for one? He's very cool and very responsive to emails.

Well I have an old uke I'm using, so I'm not rushing. I figured I would post and see if something popped up so I could save some money. But as a matter of fact I did email mike last night, so I think I may go for a blem of the one I want. Thanks

PONO MODEL PC ALL SOLID MAHOGANY CONCERT UKULELE This must be a limited model for I can't find an exact picture of it online. The rosette is not mop but a different kind of wood. I'm considering selling this model. I got it from butlermusic ebay. There were condition issues that are now fixed. Two barely visible cracks on the back that are now stabilized and a bridge that had been re-attached askew which I have straightened. Has a slight mark near the bridge from where it was placed wrong. I can send pictures and sound samples if you are interested. It's a nice sounding uke now but I'm into cut away ukes and I'm ready to sell most of my ukes to be able to afford a custom :) I'm not really sure what to ask for it. I'm thinking 350 :) I'll be out of town for a couple of days.

Top Bottom