MOST expensive uke you've touched/played?

JoeyJr858

Reaction score
wearymicrobe brought his custom Kanilea to Dericks workshop in San Diego yesterday...
I won't disclose the price, but I will say it's a good down payment on a car! HAHA
it's actually REALLY SAWEET!! Sounds and looks incredible!

Plus there was a $7,000 taylor guitar there. I got to play it a bit and my fingers and palms started to get SUPER sweaty from nervousness! lol

Original Martin 5K. 10-11K instrument.

Now in the non ukulele world I once played a 1786 cello that was wroth in the early 90's like 600K.

1920s Martin 5K. About the price of a new Honda Civic. :eek: I was really hoping it would play/sound better than it did, but I wasn't that impressed.

I played a 4k something, I dont remember what brand.

I'm pricing customs right now, and the idea of spending more than a grand on an instrument is seriously taxing my brain.

Be glad your not a tuba player.

The most expensive I'ver played was an 8-string g-string, cost about a grand.

vintage 5k concert & vintage 5k taropatch

Aloha all,

I thought I'd chime in on the fun as well. I've played a few rare pieces in the past as well.

Here are a couple:

• 1920s Martin 5K Concert Uke (valued at about $25,000 +)
  • 1920s Martin 5K Taropatch (valued at about $30,000 +)

I haven't had the privilege of playing a vintage 5K tenor but hopefully that opportunity will come in the future. :rolleyes:

Mahalo,
Shawn

ukulelefriend.com

Last edited:
OMG! Aldrine won this one with sentimental value.

The most I've ever touched was a 5k uke. I was like woah! It was a concert and it sounded good, but didn't think it was worth it.

no doubt! I think Jake's uke is the most valuable thing out there! I'd probably cry if I got to play it. Hmmm... well maybe not cry! lol

Top Bottom