PDA

View Full Version : MGM passed away?!

Pippin
10-23-2013, 01:18 AM
duplicate topic...

Sad to hear.

dkcrown
10-23-2013, 01:37 AM
What????? Is this true? Have we lost a uke icon?

we tigers
10-23-2013, 02:00 AM
See this thread:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?87883-Just-lost-a-friend

mm stan
10-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Aloha Mikey....Check the Stickie above in Uke talk ....the first thread at the top....Yes So sad he passed away yesterday morning with a long battle with his health...

mangorockfish
10-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Dammit!! So sad.

bassballz
10-23-2013, 11:10 AM
I am saddened to hear this...I spoke with him but a few times, but each exchange coming away with a warm and enlightened feeling.
My prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

Paul December
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks for posting a link to the other thread.
I skipped over it originally because I had no idea what it was about. Too bad the OP chose to break the sad news in such a cryptic "insider" manner because I'm sure others missed it as well.

UkeKiddinMe
10-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Very sad.
Prayers for his family.

Kekani
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks for posting a link to the other thread.
I skipped over it originally because I had no idea what it was about. Too bad the OP chose to break the sad news in such a cryptic "insider" manner because I'm sure others missed it as well.

I apologize if you took my post as a cryptic insider type. I'm not one for public words when it comes to a loss of a friend. I posted exactly what I felt. MGM knows how I feel, & I thought this would be an appropriate place to share, as others have as well.

While I realize his worldwide reach, Mike is much more than an acqaintance to me. He is, indeed, my friend. And I miss him more than most people here will ever know.

I thanked the mods for making it a sticky which I thought was nice, and unexpected.