Beginner's Encouragement

Peterjens

Reaction score
Do you ever feel discouraged that you aren't making progress with your 'uke playing? Record a video of yourself playing your 'uke. You may be only able to play three chords - it doesn't matter. My first song was Little Liza Jane in the Ukulele for Dummies book - the C and F chords. Keep practicing daily. And then play the video after one month, after two months, etc. Chances are after watching the video you will be encouraged by your development. It's all about having fun with your 'uke.

Good idea. You won't know you are progressing as you are seeing your practice everyday. Only when we record, will we see the great improvements. I have always surprised myself when I realized that I could play certain songs that I couldn't do just few weeks or just few days ago. Just keep practicing correctly and you'll see the improvement.

Very true. A fellow poster told me to do that and I started recording my first day and I kept all of the videos. A few months ago I put them together into a little video to show my progress. Once you put it all into perspective, it's pretty amazing. Here's the video I made.

Very true. A fellow poster told me to do that and I started recording my first day and I kept all of the videos. A few months ago I put them together into a little video to show my progress. Once you put it all into perspective, it's pretty amazing. Here's the video I made.

Amazing progress. Well done! :agree:

You really make me wish I had taken my own advice, Kyle! ;) You sound great. I still can't chunk to save my life. Maybe you should make us newbies a tutorial.

You really make me wish I had taken my own advice, Kyle! ;) You sound great. I still can't chunk to save my life. Maybe you should make us newbies a tutorial.

It's one of those things that if you get it once, you can't mess it up. I tried it for a month and couldn't do it, then it just happened and I can't mess it up if I tried. I was thinking about making a video actually, it's hard to explain how to do it, but I'll do my best.

Top Bottom