The sound of an emotion

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Corey and Mike became close friends over the last year. I know he's hurting.

Corey's album may be too dark for some. For me, the depth of emotion will be more evidence to this musical instruments freedom. This album was made for the art with no commercial consideration allowed.

Mike lived right near Soul Sound studios where Corey is recording. So after spending time with his family yesterday I dropped by the studio. Kelli had just recorded some Cello work from Chris Chorney.

I'll share this one piece, not mixed, rather raw, but the sound was the feeling I couldn't fit into words. Words are always a compromise, music conveys pure emotion.

Soundcloud sample

Thank you for posting that Andrew, it is beautiful.

It captures the emotion I feel right now so well.

When words don't work...

that was Corey?

wow nice Andrew...
I know Mike was a big Corey fan...and he helped open doors for Corey like you have..

his CD will have a different meaning to me now when I listen to his songs...

*heavy sigh*

That was beautiful just the way it is,thank you for sharing Andrew. And Corey for recording.

Maybe "dark" is relative when you live in paradise. I thought it was a great tune and "mellow" or "contemplative." It was great!

MGM, you are missed. Once again, my condolences to all of his family and friends.

Wow, that's pretty music and certainly suits the mood right now. I really enjoy Corey's playing, cause he's got such a nice touch on the ukulele. Thanks for sharing that, Andrew.

Aloha Andrew,
Mahalo plenty for posting....Corey's playing is very distinctive and he certainly has his own style...Just Amazing brah... oh yes Corey learned so much from mike and is a mentor and
friend he will never forget all his life the friendship, memories and lessons, whether uke related or life lessons ....as we all will too...

man that is just stunning Andrew. any word on a release date?

Thank you for sharing. I love that there is only a cello in the background vs. a full orchestra or band.

Like Len said, this CD will have more meaning...

That is just beautiful. The ukulele and cello are my two favorite instruments, and they sound lovely together. I really look forward to buying it when it becomes available (hopefully for download). Mahalo for sharing.

Beautiful music.

Very sad the piece may be, but I hear sounds of hope and the celebration of a remarkable life.

Sounded very heartfelt.

Top Bottom