seeking info on san francisco/bay area ukulele comunity

jamarsmash

Reaction score
Hello

I'm a real new ukulele player and was wondering if any one had some good information on San Francisco/bay area music events(jams, meet ups, get together, workshops,open mic etc..)

i do not have a car so am looking for thing in sf.

I have happened upon the sf folk club and they are cool. if any one has a list of events or beginner friendly sf events/people i would love to hear from them.

thank you for your time.

Jamar

Check the Regional Get Togethers section . . . the Bay Area folks and the San Jose group kanikapila often. Check out the latest thread . . . Depending on your location, pretty sure something can be worked out in terms of transportation.

Last edited:
Hello

I'm a real new ukulele player and was wondering if any one had some good information on San Francisco/bay area music events(jams, meet ups, get together, workshops,open mic etc..)

i do not have a car so am looking for thing in sf.

I have happened upon the sf folk club and they are cool. if any one has a list of events or beginner friendly sf events/people i would love to hear from them.

thank you for your time.

Jamar

Hey Jamar and Welcome to UU! You found the best Uke Forum in the wide world.

I'm Heather, we organize a lot of San Jose jams, and just did a SF meet up at Golden Gate Park yesterday. Would love to see you at one soon! The next one will be in San Jose, and is very accessible by CalTrain. Probably late February. I am working on the details. We have a ton of fun, and the more the merrier! Look for a thread soon! Nice to "meet" you! -Heather

Welcome Jamar!

PM Russbuss for any kine needs. I'd say he's the uke ambassador of the bay (esp the City), so he's great for many things (ugh.....).

I frequent South City a lot (gf/surfing) and I've been meaning to hit the city boys up, so if u ever wanna hook up at the beach, just hit me up.

maybuhay!

_rob

hi Jamar,

glad you asked. jjsdad and i have been discussing this for a while and i think we're close to organizing a 2x/month regular jam session thing at a restaurant in the sunset district. more info to come soon.

welcome to UU!
russell

so he's great for many things (ugh.....).

LOLz! told you not to tell anybody about that night.:rolleyes:

this is awesome news!
ive been dying for a meet somewhere in the bay area but have had little time to search

What restaurant are you all planning on doing this at?

Very cool I would love have a regular thing going on in or near SF.

I work at a small hotel that has a nice back patio that could be used. The neighborhood is inbetween upper and lower Haight.

Also i have a friend that is organizing a ukulele workshop that i believe is free. it will be at the cafe international on haight street in San Francisco.

It will be next month sometime, if any one is interested i will get more information. The person putting it on is Richard Rice a groovy cat involved with the sf folk club.

thank you fro your time

Jamar

this is awesome news!
ive been dying for a meet somewhere in the bay area but have had little time to search

What restaurant are you all planning on doing this at?

a place on Taraval towards sunset. i'll have more details once we seal the deal. should be fun!

Very cool I would love have a regular thing going on in or near SF.

I work at a small hotel that has a nice back patio that could be used. The neighborhood is inbetween upper and lower Haight.

Also i have a friend that is organizing a ukulele workshop that i believe is free. it will be at the cafe international on haight street in San Francisco.

It will be next month sometime, if any one is interested i will get more information. The person putting it on is Richard Rice a groovy cat involved with the sf folk club.

thank you fro your time

Jamar

cool Jamar, please keep us posted on the workshop. i'll let you know once we get this sunset jam organized.

see you guys soon, hopefully.

OK here is the information on the ukulele workshop.

It is a free work shop done by eric Sylvester at the international cafe on Haight and Filmore. it will be at 7pm on February 7th.

if any one is interested please come on down it should be fun.0

on a side note Richard rice is also trying to put together a regular ukulele jam he puts on the sf hootenanny. http://sfhootenanny.homestead.com/

and the sf folk club is a great resource for music things going on in the bay area.
http://www.sffmc.org/

Last edited:
greetings from the chill island of san jose.. hahahaha.. thats kool that you guys are gonna do a jam more than once a month.. im planning on doing the same here in san jo since i have seen that there are a few people that wanna learn and jam.. plus.. i have another reason to go up to SF again.. haha..

you surf rob?

i didnt know that. hit me up.

Yeah, I'll letchu know meng. My girl got me a board for Christmas (a Walden CD4) so I've been hittin the wave as much as I can. I was on a softop all last summer.

Needless to say, I'm still a noob -- I'm the guy cuttin right when everyone else is ridin left :( I'm just a humble guy lookin to have fun. I frequent Linda Mar and the jetty at Half Moon Bay. Lemme kno when u wanna go!

Sorry for the thread hijack... Carry on

Been awhile since someone posted in this thread.
I'm a noob. looking to meet some Ukers in SF. I'd like to get some lessons from an SF Uke teacher. If you SF ukers know any. I'd be much obliged if you posted the info here.
Geordie

bumping this thread up a little! I'm not exactly in the bay... tho we have enough ppl who live here who commute out there. Would love to get together with more ukers.. and if it's a weekend, totally up for the drive to the bay.

Well I'm from San Mateo, but I'm in Daly City all the time. Nothing to do in this sh*tty weather but play uke anyway!

(starts chant) bay jam, bay jam BAY JAM! ha awkward.

Top Bottom