My 1st multi-track/vid clips video (with a new original song!) using GB, iM, iPad

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! This video will, hopefully, make you laugh! This project was my first time making a music video with multi-tracking/video clips into one video song. It took me FOREVER to learn how to do this (and I still have A LOT to learn!), but I am pretty stoked about how it turned out, for the most part. The song is a new song that I wrote called "Coffee Shop." It's inspired by all of the time that I have spent (and still spend!) in coffee houses. I played this on my Martin T1K tenor ukulele with PhD strings. All voices, sounds, effects, etc. are either done by me or my uke. :) I used GarageBand, iMovie, my iPhone, and my iPad to make this video. Thanks for watching and listening!

That was AWESOME! Bravo! I can tell you worked hard on this one Chelle! The production was great and the song is super cool! And to think this is your first multi-track...wow. Soy latte...that's what I'm talking about! :)

That was pretty darn good!, especially for a first multi-track. :)

That was AWESOME! Bravo! I can tell you worked hard on this one Chelle! The production was great and the song is super cool! And to think this is your first multi-track...wow. Soy latte...that's what I'm talking about! :)

Eric, your feedback about made me cry -- tears of joy and happiness! -- thank you! Yes, I did work really hard on this project. It was so frustrating, at first, because I couldn't figure out how to work in GarageBand...then, I couldn't figure out how to work in iMovie...and I was about to give it up. But, I kept at it and, through trial and error, I figured out some things. It was a lot of fun to envision how the video would come out after I wrote the song. I know that I have so much more to learn, but I am pretty happy with my first go at this type of stuff. I am always inspired by people like you to keep pushing my limits! Thank you so much for watching -- and also for all of your encouragement and kind words! :)

That was pretty darn good!, especially for a first multi-track. :)

Hey, thank you so much, sim4lin! I am glad that you watched it and gave me such positive feedback -- it means a lot to me! :)

Give yourself a big pat on the back, that was fab! Watch of mr Spielberg there's a new kid on the block.

Hi, Leroy!!! Thank you for taking time to check out my efforts with this one -- your encouragement and support always makes my day and keeps me motivated to keep on keepin' on with this stuff! :)

Encore! Encore! Nice work. You're to get very good at this.

Hi, musiccityuker! Thank you very much!!! Your kind comments are so greatly appreciated!! :)

That was fantastic! Now that you've done one there will probably be many more. It's great to see that you wrote the song and the creative juices are flowing!

That was fantastic! Now that you've done one there will probably be many more. It's great to see that you wrote the song and the creative juices are flowing!

Thanks so much, Gary! I am pretty excited I figured out (somewhat!) how to put something together with GarageBand and then get that into iMovie. Once I did that, I had to try to put together a video with lots of video clips in it for the multi-track GarageBand file. It was hard to get the timing right, it's tricky for me! But, I hope to get better as I learn more and do more videos like this! It felt great to be able to do this project -- it was fun and when I look back at the video, it makes me laugh! I hope it gives others a good laugh, too! :-D

man this is so freaking awesome. what a brilliant clip Chelle, and such a cool tune. Congrats on the first of what will be many I'm sure. Perfect accompaniment to my early morning espresso. My cheeks are aching from smiling so much. :)

Neat! Sure doesn't look like a first, it all came together very nicely.
I think you did a wonderful job with this.

Celebrate your success.... but with wine (I think you've had enough coffee ;) )

This is amazing, Chelle, because it's so good, and it's your FIRST TIME doing this! Where are the faltering little steps leading up to this, a fully realized multi-tracked song with a little story in it?

I don't think you should do anything else for a while but play with GarageBand and iMovie.

man this is so freaking awesome. what a brilliant clip Chelle, and such a cool tune. Congrats on the first of what will be many I'm sure. Perfect accompaniment to my early morning espresso. My cheeks are aching from smiling so much. :)

Oooooh, too cool! Thank you SO much, Mr. Eugene! I am so happy to receive your marvelous feedback! And, aching cheeks from smiling -- right on! That's the ticket! :-D Yahooo!!! I accomplished my goal as such! :)

Neat! Sure doesn't look like a first, it all came together very nicely.
I think you did a wonderful job with this.

Celebrate your success.... but with wine (I think you've had enough coffee ;) )

Thank you so very, very much, HendrikM -- and so funny about your wine/coffee comment -- can you believe it, but I only drink decaf! ;-D

This is amazing, Chelle, because it's so good, and it's your FIRST TIME doing this! Where are the faltering little steps leading up to this, a fully realized multi-tracked song with a little story in it?

I don't think you should do anything else for a while but play with GarageBand and iMovie.

Hi, Ginny! Thank you for watching the video and sending along such positive, supportive, encouraging feedback -- means so much to me! Yes, I plan to definitely tool around with GarageBand and iMovie much more -- hopefully, my efforts will deliver some more smiles in having done so! :)

Very well done:rock:

Thanks a bunch, bluesuke!!! So happy you watched the video and sent along such super feedback to me! I am so grateful!

Fantastic work...I really can't believe it's your first multi-track video...I know how hard they are to do and you really did a great job!

Oh my goodness, Denise, you're so right about how hard they are to do (getting the timing right with the synchronization of the vocals, clapping, playing, etc)! It was a tough go of it for some time -- I had some moments along the way when I wanted to throw in the towel because I kept hitting road blocks...but, finally -- Eureka! It all seemed to finally make some sense and I was so relieved! Thanks for the thoughtful feedback and taking time to watch the video, too! :)

Wow Chelle this is brilliant! Talk about going ahead in "leaps and bounds" you've really raised the bar with this one. You are definitely on a roll with your music and it's fabulous to see how you are able to just keep getting better and better!
Please keep them coming, I'm looking forward to many more.

Top Bottom